Tuesday, June 20, 2017

It's Summer Picnic Time

Let me tell you....as a school teacher, there's no better time than Summer.  Don't get me wrong, I love my job.  It's just that Summer is a much-need and appreciated break from it all.  I've finally found my way back into my craft room and I'm ready to start making and posting some projects.  I haven't entered any challenges since April, and I really miss having the time to be creative.  Summer is here, and that means crafting, rest, picnics and fun.
I created this fun Summer tag, and I'm giving it to my niece so that she can paste a photo on the back to commemorate our big family picnic over the 4th of July.  She loves to read, and she uses most of the tags I make her as bookmarks.  This one is a little bit too thick to be used as a bookmark because of the thick felt watermelon, but I know she will still like it.
I cut the tag using a Sizzix Big Tag Die, a Maya Road kraft envelope, a Basic Grey felt watermelon, a Crate Paper watermelon sticker, and some cute green and pink gingham ribbons at the top of the tag.  Perhaps she will stuff this in a book and use it as a bookmark.  Who knows?
I had fun making this tag, and hope it screams SUMMER, fun and picnic. I know that I'm sure ready for Summer.  How about you?

Have a great week,
Sierra

Cut It Up Challenge Blog:  Challenge #124 - PICNIC - The die-cut I used is a Sizzix Big Tag Die-Cut for the actual tag/base of my project.  This is one of my favorite dies.  As explained above, this tag was created as a family picnic keepsake for one of my (many) nieces.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - LET'S TAKE A VACATION - As I explained above, Summer is MY time for vacation, rest, picnics and fun.

Word Art Wednesdays:  Challenge #286-287: Anything Goes/Family Friendly

6 comments:

  1. Your niece is lucky to have an aunt to make her a constant supply of bookmarks! This tag is just gorgeous! I bet she'll hang it from her bedroom mirror, though! :)

    Thanks for sharing with us for our Picnic challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely adorable tag! Love that felt watermelon and the sweet watermelon stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun tag and your niece is going to love it! I really like the library pocket idea with the due date card...so cute! Thanks for sharing with us over at Cut It Up!
    Katrina Scrappyhorses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so super cute, Sierra. Thanks for sharing with us Word Art Wednesday. I'm always happy to have you play along with us, and I wish you the best of luck.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable...that felt watermelon is so cute...enjoy your 4th of July picnic...thank you for sharing at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm, yummy! such a delightful watermelon creation, and the prettiest tag! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete