Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Chalkboard Technique Card

Hello!  I'm really happy to have you stop by my blog.  I will admit that I am not an experienced, or super talented, card maker.  I do, however, love love love making cards.  I saw this challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog, and fell in love with the chalkboard technique they shared on YouTube.  Seeing this video made me want to purchase chalk inks in several colors to improve on this technique; but for now, I used the only color of chalk ink I own....white!
I'm also not a very good photographer, so my photos don't do my cards justice (and believe me, they need all the help they can get...LOL).  I do my best, and I enjoy it.  So, I want to say thank you for this tutorial.  Even if I'm not the best stamper, I'm learning a lot and I'm having fun.  That's what really matters, right?  Well, and my family thinks my cards are awesome (because they love me).  I love giving hand-made cards to my friends and family members, and I know they really appreciate them.
I'm going to be playing along in these challenges listed below.  I'd also like to say that I would really appreciate having you follow my blog.  It would mean so much to me, and I'd be willing to follow your blog as well.  Thanks for visiting me.

Sierra

Mod Squad Challenge - Chalkboard Technique - As I mentioned above, I appreciated this tutorial.  Thank you!

CropStop April Challenge - Linky Party #27 - Anything Goes - I used a few CropStop products including Tombow Adhesive and Ranger Ink.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Hip Hop - This definitely isn't an Easter card (hop), so I hope it's considered HIP!!!  I'm a hippy if that counts....LOL   I just love playing along.

Scrapy Land Blog - Challenge #63/Anything Goes - I used a Spellbinders Nestabilities Frame die on my sentiment.  I cut it out and raised it with 3-D tape.

Dare2BArtzy - April Challenge: Anything Goes


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely chalkboard card!! Isn't it fun trying to techniques and learning fun new ways to make card?! Love your pretty seam binding bow and those pretty little flowers!
    Thanks for linking your talent up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS!!!!! Thank you for joining Scrapy Land Challenge.
    Samra DT
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sentiment! Love your card! Thanks for entering it in the April Dare 2B Artzy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please excuse my late comment, Sierra. I saw your entry and was so impressed with your design and execution. It is over the top gorgeous and you rocked this challenge. You have done the backboard technique justice and I am very pleased that you entered in my challenge this week. Good luck, and thanks for joining me at the Mod Squad.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card, Sierra. I saw it over on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog and had to come by for a closer look. I'd love to have you play along with us at Word Art Wednesday again soon.
    Have a great week,
    Karen L
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and elegant. Thank you for hip-hopping with us at Simon SayS Stamp Monday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete