Sunday, April 16, 2017

Chalkboard Tag

Well, as I said in my previous post when I shared my first attempt at the Chalkboard Technique, I'm not the most experienced artist.  But as I also mentioned in that post, I do love learning new techniques and giving them a try...and I really had fun with this adorable style.  The chalkboard technique is so adorable.  Maybe it's because I'm a teacher, or maybe it's because it reminds me of my childhood.  Whatever the reason, I really do love it.  So, when I found this adorable chalkboard image (digital) on the internet with all its gorgeous colors, I wanted to give it some chalkboard ink and make it into a tag.  I plan to use this tag to tuck inside the chalkboard card I shared on Wednesday using this same technique.
Once I printed out my image, I inked it all up with white chalky ink on its edges.  Then I cute a tag from black card stock and inked that up as well.  By inking up the edges of your black (or dark) paper with chalk ink, it gives the black paper a chalk board appearance and makes it look "chalky".  I guess that's the best way to explain it.
Again, I want to thank Barbara of Mod Squad Challenge Blog for her awesome tutorial.  If it weren't for her YouTube video, I wouldn't have ever given this technique a try, and wouldn't have fallen in love with this look.  I'm so glad I found it, and I know that I will be doing this technique a lot in the future.

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Chalkboard Technique - I realize this is nothing special, but I sure do enjoy it.

Have a creative Easter weekend!
Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you found this technique and love it so much that you tired it again. You have really captured this look. Using the chalk ink makes it even better. I wonder where you go this sentiment on line to use. It's wonderful, and any time you can get something free is a blessing too. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Mod Squad Challenge. Barbara DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your chalk board creation, Sierra! I've never seen it done with colored chalks before - and boy did we every play with colored chalks as children! Our hop scotch squares were always rather ornate and decorative with varieties of colors and decor LOL and we also constantly did chalk art on our sidewalks. Your card brought back those very happy memories! Thank you for sharing your wonderful card! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete