Thursday, April 6, 2017

A Birthday As Sweet As You

This was a fun card for me to make.  I don't get to make and post nearly as many cards as I'd like; and I know that my cards aren't the best out there in blog land.....but I have so much fun making them and sharing them with the people in my life.  I made this card using a Papertrey Ink die-cut and stamp set that I haven't used in a very long time.  The sentiment is from the Sweet As Can Be Stamp Set and the ice cream cone was creating by cutting wool felt for the ice cream scoops and paper for the cone using the Sweet As Can Be Die-Cut.
I also added a piece of maroon chevron washi tape and some Rustic Cream Button Twine to my card.  The technique at Papertrey Ink this week is to stamp your image outside the box.  While I do have the stamp set for this set, I couldn't actually stamp the scoops because of using felt.  I did, however, stamp the ice cream cone which is part of the element "outside the box".  I hope that's okay.
I'm sharing my sweet birthday card in some challenges:

Nichole Heady - Capture The Moment: Papertrey Ink Challenge Blog - Make It Monday #280 Stamping Outside the Box - I used PTI's Sweet As Can Be Stamp SetSweet As Can Be Die-Cut and their Rustic Cream Button Twine.  I explained my technique above, and hope it is what they were looking for.

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #401 - Use Maroon, Coral and Lemon
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Celebrating their 8th Birthday - Happy Birthday!!  I love playing along in this challenge so much.

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #276-277 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

CropStop Blog - March Linky Party #26 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink and May Arts Ivory Burlap String

Dare2BArtzy Blog - April Challenge/Anything Goes - I fell in love with Dare2BArtzy during the Coffee Blog Hop

That's all for today,
Sierra

6 comments:

  1. Such a "sweet" card! Love the felt ice cream and your sentiment fits perfectly! Thanks so much for linking your talent up to the Cropstop Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super sweet card and a great take on the challenge! i love the sequin cherry on top. thanks for playing make it monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this card turned out too sweet!!! Such a great use of our color challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That ice cream cone looks delicious! Darling card! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Ice Cream card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete