Sunday, December 11, 2016

Ice Covered Trees

There's something that's just SO magical about seeing the pine trees in Minnesota when they are covered with snow and/or ice.  It makes them sparkle and look almost majestic.  It's a beautiful sight, and if you don't live in the North land where it snows, you're really missing out on a lovely site.  When I created this card, that's exactly the look I was trying to recreate.  I cut my pine trees from vellum and colored them green, then I added some clear glue and ultra-fine glitter to make them look snow-kissed so that they would glisten.  I really like how it turned out because it really does look so much like the real thing, if you can use your imagination to envision it.
I added a sticker for my sentiment as well as a double bow tied with a narrow green plaid ribbon.  I inked the edges of two different pattern papers, and that is absolutely ALL I did to this card.  And yet, it gave my card SO much shimmer and fun that I just can't help but love it because it represents a typical Minnesota Winter....the world in which I live.
Since I don't have much time lately to play along in many challenges, I thought that this would be a good opportunity to play along in some of the challenges I love so much.  Here's where I'm linking.  And please know that I would absolutely LOVE to hear your thoughts about my creation.

Hugs,
Sierra

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Ice Inspiration" - Can you see the glittery ice on my vellum trees?

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #260-261 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Challenge Up Your Life - Challenge #56 - Vellum - I used vellum to die-cut my trees, and then I frosted them with glitter to represent ice.

CropStop Challenge - Linky Party #22 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Peeled Paint (Green) to ink and distress the edges of my card.  CropStop carries every gorgeous color of Tim Holtz Distress Inks.

I want to thank you for stopping by today. Your visits and comments mean so very much to me.

Sierra


6 comments:

  1. This is so warm and beautiful! Love the edging. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your icy looking trees! What a clever idea to use vellum and color it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful!! Thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, Sierra. I miss seeing the ice-covered trees in Minnesota in Winter (especially the birch trees - they were always my favorite). Thanks for sharing with us.
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice vellum trees. Your white glitter und green ink make it beautiful.
    sidan (GD Challenge Up Your Life)

    ReplyDelete