Sunday, November 13, 2016

Happy Thanksgiving

With school in full swing, and Christmas break not coming soon enough; I'm still struggling to find any time to make cards (or get much of anything else done besides lesson plans and grading papers).  It's only on the occasional weekend that I am able to squeeze in a card here and there.  I wanted to make a Thanksgiving card for my Grandma and I'm really glad I found the time to get it finished.  I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog.
I used some older pattern papers from Simple Stories and pieced them together following the sketch.  I added a sticker for the focal point, a rub-on sentiment, and some sweet dots in gold on the right (as shown on the sketch).  Here's what I came up with for my Grandma:
I will be entering some challenges for fun this week, and hoping for the best.  I don't get to play along very often, so I'm pretty excited when I do find the time to enter these fun challenges.



CropStop Challenge - Linky Party #22 - I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Thank you very much for visiting me.  I hope that all of you are having a fun weekend creating cards and enjoy Autumn.

Sierra

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you creating. Love the patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, Sierra, love your mix of papers, and your Grandma will, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the background paper. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday. Agnieszka DT

    ReplyDelete