Saturday, October 8, 2016

Peace On Earth

I'm so excited to start making Christmas cards.  It may seem a little bit early to some of you, but with my extra large family, I need to get started in order to have any chance of being able to make a hand-made card for everyone.  This is my first of the season, and I designed it following this sweet sketch from Sketch Saturday Challenge Blog this week:
I used pattern papers from my stash, and instead of a rectangle in the center, I used a round doily; but I really did follow the sketch and it helped me with my layout concept.  I hope to make a couple more cards using this sketch, and I'm sure each will be a bit different.  That's the beautiful thing about art...there's SO much in the interpretation of our creations.  It was even fun to see how each DT Member made their cards so differently from one another.
I added a K & Co. sticker as the focal point, and this was a SUPER STASH item from many years ago; but I thought it looked nice in the center of the doily.  I added some red seam binding, baker's twine, and some jingle bells for the finishing touch.  I am linking my card to these fun challenges where I'm super excited to be playing along this week:


Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #250-251

CropStop Challenge Blog - Challenge #20

That's all for today.  Thank you for visiting me.  Please remember that if you will kindly become my new blog follower, I will be sure to do the same for you.  I'm (slowly but surely) trying to grow my blog, and appreciate you for visiting.

Sierra



1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!! Amazing job! New follower.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete