Thursday, October 20, 2016

Celebrate Autumn

Hello today blog friends!  I was lucky enough to find some time last night to create a card.  I was inspired by some of the bold, beautiful Autumn colors I love to celebrate at this time of the year; and it was fun to be able to incorporate several of those favorite colors into my card.  I hope it captures the essence of the season.
I used a piece of pattern paper for my background, and  I used a Spellbinders background die-cut as the focal point to stand my sentiment.  I added some Petaloo flowers and felt leaves around the sentiment, and I tied blue string and burgundy seam binding around my card and tied them in big bows.  I placed a tiny chipboard heart in the center of the bow.

I was happy to find these challenges where I can link my card and play along in their challenges:
Joy Clair - October Color Inspiration/Photo Challenge - I loved incorporating these amazing Autumn colors

Scrapy Land - Challenge #52 - I do more Harvest rather than a whole lot of Halloween.  I hope that's alright in this challenge.  I was inspired more by the season and colors of Halloween/Harvest Time, and less with an actual occasion per say.

CropStop Challenge - Linky Party #21 - I used blue burlap string, Petaloo flowers, and Tim Holtz Distress Inks

I'm grateful for your visit today, and greatly appreciate your comments.  I hope you are also enjoying this beautiful time of the year.

Sierra



2 comments:

  1. Hi, Sierra!
    The colors you've used are beautiful, and I love the seam binding bow. Thanks for sharing with us at CropStop. Also, I'm glad I was able to inspire you to play along at Joy Clair. I appreciate you sharing your pretty card at both these challenges. You're always welcome to also link up with us Word Art Wednesday. We love to have you join us there, too, when you can. Have a creative week, and thanks for sharing.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, how you have incorporated that patterned paper in your design! And that wonderful seam binding ribbon ties it all together (pun intended)! Great to have you playing with us at Joy Clair! Come back next time, too!

    ReplyDelete