Saturday, September 17, 2016

Celebrate You

Well, school is back in session.  And for me, that means very little crafting time.  I am lucky to squeeze in a card here and there on the weekends with all the stacks of papers that need grading, and all the lesson plans I have to work on and schedule.  I'm feeling lucky to have some time this afternoon to create anything and get it posted.
I made this card following the sketch and color scheme over at Taylored Expressions Blog and here's a picture of the sketch and the colors I incorporated.  I have to admit that this is a very unusual color combination that I wouldn't have likely used on my own.  But it's nice to be inspired now and then.
I used some super old pattern papers from K & Company by Carolyn Gavin.  I also used kraft card stock to help recreate the Toffee color (along with some toffee colored felt in one of my flowers).  I cut a hot pink (Lollipop) doily using a die-cut.

Here's where I'm linking:

Taylored Expressions Blog - Share Joy Challenge #53 - Sketch & Color Challenge - I used some Taylored Expressions felt in my flowers and leaves (Lip Gloss and Split Pea).  I incorporated all of the colors as well as the sketch.  I'm "sharing the joy" with a co-worker who deserves to be celebrated.  She just returned to teaching this school year following her battle with breast cancer.

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #248-249 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Scrapy Land Challenge Blog - Challenge #49 - Anything Goes - I used a French Pastry Doily die-cut from Cheery Lynn Designs.

That's all.  I'm heading back to my desk to grade essays.  Have a great week, everyone!  Thanks for visiting, and please leave a comment.

Sierra




5 comments:

  1. This is really cute, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Word Art Wednesday. We love to have you play along.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra this is so pretty love the flowers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous!! I love the design and colors!! It's beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrapy Land!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful layers behind the pink doily and the sweet felt flowers. Great card!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week,
    Christine
    Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your link on WAW and wanted to stop by ans say how lovely our card is! Love that pretty pink doily and those little roses!

    ReplyDelete