Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Hello There

Today I'm sharing a card that is different for me.  Growing up and living in Minnesota all my life, I've been around a lot of farm animals.  I just think they're so cute, and I always love to see them at the State Fair and at local farms.  So I created this card to celebrate all those living creatures I've grown up around, and love so much.  I think this is cute.
I designed my background using an embossing folder and then inking the raised paper to show off the texture that using an embossing folder gives your paper..  Once I had this fabulous background with an inked textured embossed design (as required on the Pile It On Challenge), I added a Sentiment Strip (as shown on the Papertrey Ink Blog Challenge), and then I just embellished it with my animals, stamped sentiment and some red baker's twine.  It checked all the boxes I was hoping for, so I will link it in these challenges:

Pile It On - Challenge #114 - Make Your Own Background - I made my background by dry embossing my card stock and inking the raised parts to show off the texture.  Once I had my hand-made background, I embellished it.

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge #257 - Sentiment Strip Grounding - I added a kraft Sentiment Strip to Ground my images which are several sweet farm animals die-cut from an adorable Papertrey Ink Animal Die-Cut.  My stamped sentiment is a Papertrey Ink Frame Outs #2 stamp (Hello There).


CropStop Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - I used several different colors of Tim Holtz Distress Inks including Spun Sugar (on pig), Brick Red (on rooster), Walnut (on cow), and Fossilized Amber (on the duck).  I also used the Walnut to ink up the hand-made background on my card.

If you would be so kind as to become my new follower, I would be THRILLED, and I would do the same favor for you.  I also appreciate the comments you leave for me.  I love making new blog friends.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, everyone!
Sierra


9 comments:

  1. super cute card! i love the animals stacked on top of each other!! thanks for playing make it monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool - like your layout with the farm animals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute take on the farmhouse style animals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card - love your pile of farm animals!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this set, and love your card. always love seeing farm animals as well. We have 12 chickens, 2 ducks and 7 rabbits! And yes, we live out in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute card, Sierra. Thanks so much for playing along with us. It's always nice to have you join us, and I love seeing your sweet cards linked to our challenges.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog - loving all your crafting - perhaps you'll be able to join in some of my challenges - I run three different challenge blogs (as well as being on other DTs) - details on my blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hy, vielen Dank, dass du bei mir einen Kommentar eingetragen hast. GErne schaue ich bei dir vorbei und muss sofort schmunzeln. Deine Version der "Bremer Stadtmusikanten" gefällt mir sehr gut. Liebe Grüße aus Süddeutschland - Andrea

    ReplyDelete