Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Happy Birthday To You

For all of you having birthdays this summer, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  Mine is in February, but I have a lot of relatives with summer birthdays.  I made this card for my Auntie Delores who is turning 80 on August 18th.  Our family is throwing her a BIG party, and I'm so excited to see the excitement on her sweet face.
This card was made with a mish mash of items from my stash.  The sentiment was stamped using my favorite Verve birthday stamp.  I absolutely LOVE this stamp and seem to use it for almost all the birthday cards I make, so I know that many of my relatives may recognize it from their own birthday cards...LOL   That's OK, my Auntie Delores won't know the difference.

I wish the summer lasted longer because I'm NOT ready to go back to the classroom my any means.  I enjoy having time to craft and enter challenges, and these are the ones I'm entering this card in for a chance to win a fabulous prize.  How generous are these wonderful companies to have these challenges for us?
Verve Stamps - July Challenge:  July Divas Inspiration and Blog Hop Challenge - The picture (above) shows the inspiration for this card.  Aren't these colors gorgeous?  I used my favorite Verve Happy Birthday Stamp for the sentiment.  Verve has LOTS of great sentiments (and so much more).

Pile It On Challenge Blog - Challenge #113 Shaker Cards - I enjoy making little shaker boxes to add to my cards and tucking sweet little sequins inside for a great POP of color.

CropStop Blog - Linky Party #18 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks on this card.  CropStop carries lots of great products that we all use every day in crafting.  Stop by and check out this challenge, too!

Little Scrap Pieces Blog - Saturday Linky Party - Come and play along for your chance to win some of Karen's gorgeous hand-made seam binding.  Such a fun place to play along and get inspiration.

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - FABULOUS FLORALS - I don't think I could make a card without flowers.  These ones are sweet glittery little paper flowers I had that matched my color scheme.

I am very happy that you've stopped by today, and I'd love to hear what you think about my bright card.  I would also really appreciate having you become a new blog follower of my blog, and I'll be happy to do the same on your blog.  Thank you.

Sierra




7 comments:

  1. Love the happy colors and the fun sequins! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sierra! Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning and leaving me such a nice comment. I'm glad you entered the Verve challenge, and very happy that my card/entry inspired you to enter. I wanted to also let you know that you can enter this card at Word Art Wednesday. You don't always have to use a scripture to play along - any kind sentiment will do. I always enjoy seeing your cards linked there, and I really hope you will come by to play along. We have two awesome sponsors again this challenge. Hope to see you there.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the colours and inspiration, Sierra. I am back to the classroom soon too! The summer always zoom by! Thank you for joining us at Verve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, Sierra! I am sure your Auntie will love it! Thanks for playing along with Verve Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun little shaker card! Bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun card, Sierra. Love that sweet little shaker and all your scattered blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.
    Big hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete