Sunday, August 14, 2016

Blessings - Shine Bright

When I saw the ADORABLE challenge over at Cupcake Inspirations this week, I just knew I had to play along.  Most of their Design Team used "diamonds" on their sweet projects, but since I don't own anything quite like that, I had to improvise.   I used stars, gold and glitter to create my "Shine Bright" project.  Here's the inspiration photo:
Well first of all, I love cupcakes.  And second, I love all things bright and shiny - whether that be diamonds, glitter, stars, or anything else.  Put buttercream frosting on just about ANYTHING, and I will eat it!  This picture leaves me craving a cupcake.  This is what I came up with for the challenge:
I created my background using a pattern paper that I machine stitched in black to frame it.  Then, I stamped a Jenni Bowlin stamp in black ink onto a large white doily.  I die-cut the "blessings" sentiment using a Cheery Lynn Designs die, and I die-cut the star borders at the bottom from gold glitter paper and baby blue wool felt using a Papertrey Ink die-cut.
I took a photo of the top of the card (above) so that you can see the sentiment a little bit better.  The larger picture of the card makes it a little difficult to read the sentiment.  This sweet little die-cut sentiment frames the doily quite nicely.
Then at the bottom, I tied a long length of Teal Baker's Twine and tied it into a bow to give it just a little extra touch.  I love using twine and trims when I can implement them.  I also placed little gold glittery stars all around the image of the girl.

Here's where I'm linking my card:

Cupcake Inspirations - Challenge #371 - Shine Bright - You can read my inspiration (above).

Pile It On Challenge Blog - Challenge #114 - Make Your Own Background - I created this background by using a fun pattern paper that I inked and machine stitched in black thread to outline and frame it.

CropStop - Linky Party #19 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Ink

Cheery Lynn Designs - Challenge #235 - Back to Nature - I used lots of beautiful stars, which of course are a wonderful sparkly part of nature that God gave us to light our way in the darkness.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sierra


13 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling!! Thanks for joining the Cupcake Inspirations challenge this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'VE just found your blog and I so love this card , it's utterly gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An exquisite card. Thanks for joining in the challenge at Cheery Lynn Designs and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in the Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and creative card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week with Cheery Lynn Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww! This is such a sweet little card! I love the elegant touches! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is ever so pretty, especially with the doily as the 'stage' for your sweet image! Thank you for sharing your artistry in the Cupcake Inspirations "Shine Bright" challenge!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is simply sweet. I adore everything about it. And I am so digging how you incorporated the ‘Shine Bright’ theme this week. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card! So glad you were inspired to join Cupcake Inspirations Shine Bright challenge!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute your creation. Greetings from Costa Rica.
    Thank you for visiting my blog.
    God Bless You More (GBYM)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, Sierra. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your art with us at CropStop. I'm truly grateful to have you play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Challenge Coordinator
    CropStop

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete