Sunday, July 24, 2016

Love You Much

Yesterday was a great day for me.  I did some yard work, ran a few errands, and I even had a chance to sit down in my craft room and create something.  So I'd say that it was a great day overall because I got a lot accomplished, and got to do things I really enjoy as well.  This is the card I made in the late night hours last night.
I used some really old pattern papers (I mean super stash, man!) that are from Cosmo Cricket.  I actually used a bit from two different CC lines.  One is called Girl Friday, and the other is Material Girl.  Some of the papers intermingle nicely.  I inked all my edges, and did some machine stitching on my card.  I used several different pattern papers and ruler paper from the Cosmo Cricket collections.  I die-cut the hearts using a Spellbinders Media Mixage die set that I picked up at Tuesday Morning.  The sentiment is stamped onto a small scrap piece cut from a journalling strip from Cosmo Cricket line.   I stamped the image in Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.  The butterfly is from Our Daily Bread, and is also stamped in Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink.    There's also a tiny strip of Little B washi tape on my card.  You can click on the photo for a closer look.
My photography skills leave a lot to be desired.  I've been trying to watch YouTube videos and tutorials to pick up tips and tricks, but it's still a struggle for me.  I just SO admire those bloggers who can take the most amazing pictures of their cards.  They look like they're right in front of you, and so life-like that you could almost reach out and touch it.  Perhaps some day my photography skills can be that great.  One can always be hopeful, right?

Here are some challenge I found where I really want to throw my hat in the ring.  I just love playing along at the challenges I found, and I always get so excited when what I'm able to create something to satisfy more than one challenge requirement at a time.  I'm learning as I go in blogging.

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Things With Wings - I hope you can all see my little butterfly.  I stamped him right next to my sentiment.


CropStop Linky Party #18 - I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot, Fossilized Amber, Blue Denim, and Brick Red.

Our Daily Bread - Anything That Grows - I used a butterfly stamp from Our Daily Bread out of their Happy Birthday Stamp Set.  Of course, my butterfly is something that grows, and the sentiment of my card is about LOVE; which is also something that (hopefully always) grows!

Thank you for stopping by my blog.
Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I love your colors and combo of patterns, Sierra!! The recipient will so appreciate receiving it. Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hy Sierra,
    wow - I love your nice card. Sewing on paper... I should do it again, too. It would be nice, you would be an follower on my blog. Have a nice day!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete