Friday, July 29, 2016

Our Friendship

Sometimes God has a subtle way of causing us to randomly think about someone for no apparent reason,  Often, you find yourself thinking of that one particular friend (or relative) quite a bit.  When this happens, I always assume that God is putting that person on my mind for a reason.  I figure......why else would God have me continuing thinking about someone unless I was supposed to pray for them.  That's the only reason I can think of as to why He would cause this to happen.
I like to make cards specifically for this purpose......so that whenever a friend has been in my thoughts, on my heart, and on  my mind, I can pop a card in the mail to them right away to let them know that I prayed for them.  What an honor it is that God allows us to pray for others in addition to being able to lay all our own burdens at His feet.  We are so lucky to serve such an awesome and gracious God.
I made this card with scraps of pattern papers that I inked, some black baker's twine, a stamped sentiment, and a shaker box with sweet sequins under the vellum overlay.

I'm linking my card in the challenges listed below.  Thanks for visiting my blog.
Sierra





Sweet Stamps Blog - July Anything Goes Challenge

In The Pink Challenge Blog - Challenge #99 - Get Out Your Rubber



7 comments:

  1. Pretty collage - love that little shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute, Sierra. I love the inked patterned papers and the sentiment. I think I used to have that stamp, but sold it at a garage sale. Now I'm wishing I still had it....LOL
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete
  3. your card is so fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you coordinated all the paper scraps and then created the pretty shaker element. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very pretty, thanks for sharing at ITP for this challenge. Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute shaker card, I love the variety of patterns on the layered pieces. Thank you for joining our blog challenge at SweetStamps.com.

    ReplyDelete