Monday, June 6, 2016

Enjoying Summer Break

As a teacher, I can totally relate to all you Moms out there who are excited about school being out for the summer.  And while I know your kiddos will enjoy this time off almost as much as I will, I encourage you to keep them engaged in learning this summer.  Make sure they read, attend activities where they can experience new things, even get them involved in some type of summer learning program.  Yes, we all need our much deserved break; but kids can lose a lot of what they've retained during the school year if you don't stimulate their little brains.  So just be sure they use their time wisely, and...that they enjoy being kids and having time off with their families.  I know I'm sure looking forward to it all!
I saw a wonderful tutorial by Danielle Flanders over on the Papertrey Ink Blog today, and I just LOVED how the Copic shading enhanced her die-cut word.  As I always do, I have to work with what I own.  So, I pulled out several of my Papertrey Ink products for this one.
I started with an ivory base, added a polka dot patterned paper, and then I went for the sentiment.  The words "Thinking of" are from the Papertrey Ink Think Big Favorites #7 Stamp Set, and the word "you" is from their Wonderful Words Die Collection.   I placed the red die-cut word "you" on a journalling spot I cut using one of PTI's Fillable Frames Dies. Then, I used Danielle's wonderful shading trick using a dusty blue Copic, and I really like how it highlights the word and makes it look like the light is shining on it.  Great tip, Danielle!

Here's where I'm linking up my card:

Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog - Challenge #252 - Shadowing With Copic Markers - See above my list of PTI products used (five in total).

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #232-234 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

I hope that I will be able to create a lot more cards now that school is out, and I also hope to do more blogging, posting, visiting, and hopefully even.....winning!  That would be a real treat if I could win something this summer with all my card-making.

Have a great week, everyone!
And thanks for visiting,
Sierra

1 comment:

  1. Cute card! I really like how the "you" is highlighted by the copic outline! Sweet 'thinking of you' card!

    ReplyDelete