Saturday, May 7, 2016

Trying To Play Along

When I saw this week's challenge theme at Simon Says Stamp, I thought right away that I was OUT and that there was no way I could play along.  I don't own any stencils, nor have I ever worked with stencils.  Then, I saw on one of my friend's blog, she had the same issue - NO STENCILS!  But, that didn't stop by creative freind, so I didn't let it stop me either.  I followed her creative lead on this, and I created my own stencil (sort of, I guess) by cutting different sized circles (using the circle dies from my Die-Namics/My Favorite Things Steel Dies called Out On A Limb.  I placed the circles strategically, die cut them, and then laid the "stencil" I made onto the texturized ivory cardstock and painted the circles/holes in the stencil using my gellatos, and rubbing them onto the background.  This is how I creatively made my stencilled background.  It's always nice learning a trick from someone and being able to create something I never thought I could.
Once I had rubbed the stencilled circles onto my card, I ran some canteloupe seam binding across my card and tied it into a bow.  Then, I stamped a cute birthday sentiment at the bottom in Black Soot Distress Ink by Tim Holtz.  I liked this funny sentiment when I saw it at Hobby Lobby, and I knew just the perfect friend who would appreciate that particular sense of humor.  It's going to her this week, and I know she will enjoy it.
I've found a few challenges where I am able to share this particular card - in addition to Simon Says Stamp.  I'm excited to play along:



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Stencil It" - See above for how I created my make-shift stencil.

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #229 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

CropStop Linky Party #15 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink to stamp the sentiment on my card.

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party

I appreciate your visit to my blog, and I thank you in advance if you leave a comment.  It's always so nice to hear your thoughts on my cards.

Have a great weekend,

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. Amazing colours - love the soft effect you achieved. Great take on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday STENCIL IT Challenge, thanks for joining in.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a fab job without stencil and creating your own! Thank you for slipping this by at Word Art Wednesday for our Bi-Weekly Challenge where you may enter 5 creation week one and then 5 creations starting the following Wed for Week 2 - have a blessed week! Gail DT WAW

    ReplyDelete