Friday, April 15, 2016

Smile......Because You Can

It's a pretty simple sentiment, but who doesn't need to be reminded every now and then to SMILE?  I thought I'd send it to someone who I know needs some cheering up and encouragement.  I started with the cute sketch over at Sketch Saturday this week, and just kind of put my own spin on it.  I love sketches because they really get me started when I'm in a creative slump.
I used some older patterned papers from Sweetwater.  One has fish on it, and the other is polka dot (to go along with this week's theme at Simon Says Stamp).  To that, I added some inking, two stickers (one for the sentiment and one under my embellishment), and a 3-D felt tree from Michaels that's also from my stash.  I really loved the Design Team's samples on these challenge blogs, and that's what got me motivated to play along in their challenges.  I know it's a fairly simple card, but I'm excited to be able to play along in their fun chalenges.

Simon Says Stamp - Wednesday Challenge - Let's Do The Polka - I love using polka dots so this challenge was just perfect for me.

Sketch Saturday - Challenge #407 - Sketch Challenge - Here is the sketch for this week
CropStop - Linky Party #15 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Blue Denim to ink my little squares

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #226-227 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Have a fun week of crafting, and wherever you live I hope you're enjoying Spring regardless as to whether it's snowing or the sun is shining.  It's still a time to celebrate all that is beautiful, and I'm hoping your day is beautiful.  Psalm 118:24 says, "This is the day that the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it".  Let's celebrate that.  Thanks for visiting me.

Sierra

2 comments:

  1. I like the faux stitching around the polka dot squares. Thank you so much for entering your truly creative and beautiful art in our challenge this fortnight at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howdy Sierra - Gail Scott here from WAW Family Friendly Bi-Weekly Challenge - thank you for linking up this week and sharing your art work with us- You did a great take on the sketch and I am loving the felt added! have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete