Monday, April 11, 2016

Birthday Tag

While I was browsing through some of the various blogs I love (and where I find loads and loads of great inspiration), I saw someone who made a tag to put on top of a birthday gift so that the recipient could use it as a bookmark.  I thought that was such a fabulous idea, so I had to give it a try.  It's nice to be able to use something again and again, and I hope my niece will put this in one of her books and hold onto it as a keepsake instead of throwing it away with the rest of her birthday cards.  Or at least I'm guessing that's where most birthday cards end up....in the garbage.  Not everyone appreciates them as much as I do or saves them like I do.  But this way, there's at least a glimmer of hope that it will not end up in the trash can and will be apprecciated.  Who knows with kids though, right?
I used a grungy prim tag, some super old Daisy D patterned paper, seam binding for the bow, a Verve birthday sentiment stamp, Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink, a Maya Road canvas tag with a Making Memories glittery sticker (7) on it, and a gem sticker.

Here's where I'm linking up my birthday tag:


Quick Quotes Scrapbook Company Blog - Challenge #62 - Tag It!


Little Scrap Pieces - Linky Party - Anything Goes

Thanks for visiting my blog.  I am very happy when you leave me comments, and would be thrilled to death to have you become a blog follower.  I'm trying to reach 100 followers, and starting to wonder if it will ever happen.....LOL

Happy crafting everyone!
Sierra





4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Sierra!!! Love the bright and fun colors and what a gorgeous choice of embellishments!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tag is fabulous Sierra!! Love the colors and design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag - I really like all the different materials you used! Thanks for playing along with the Quick Quotes challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Thanks for joining us at Quick Quotes!

    ReplyDelete