Monday, March 21, 2016

Hopping Into Easter

While I was listening to the news this afternoon, they announced that it is the first day of Spring.  Now, keep in mind that in Minnesota there is still snow on the ground, and we as Minnesotans know that the snow can still fly even into May.  But for today, it is Spring.  The snow will slowly begin to melt, and new signs of green will peek through before we even know it's happening.  The warmer weather will be upon us, and as a school teacher........HURRAY!  I know that Summer is coming before too terribly long.  Oh, what a day that will be!  Teachers always love Summer break (at least I know this one does).
I saw some challenges this weekend that I really wanted to enter.  So, with all of them in mind, I created this card which covers both Easter and Spring categories.  I love playing along in my favorite challenges, so I had to cover all my bases so that this card would fit the requirements for the challenges where I want to play along (and cross my fingers to potentially think of winning....WOW), it's all so fun.

I used two patterned papers that are really old.  The papers, tag and chipboard I used on this card are actually from a baby girl collection.  I just decided that I wanted to turn it into an Easter card, so I used a Melissa Frances rub-on to add a Happy Easter sentiment to the little tag.  I tied some light blue seam binding on the tag, and poked a sweet fabric brad into the tag as well.  I have some really cute vintage deep pink lace on my card, machine stitching, and a sticker.  It's simple, but yet it turned out kinda cute!

Here is where I will be sharing my card:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Cute and Cuddly



I truly appreciate that you have stopped by my little piece of blog land today.  I hope that you will stop by again soon; and PLEASE become a follower here if you aren't already following my blog.  I'm more than happy to do the same for me if you will kindly just let me know you became a new blog foller.  I always enjoy making new blog friends, so please visit me again.

Crafty hugs,
Sierra

7 comments:

  1. The vintage look of the bunny is adorable, Sierra; along with the seam binding and lace, this makes a very special card! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sierra, this Easter card is adorable. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday. You're also welcome to share with us at CropStop if you'd like to. We sure love having you play along.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet with that adorable bunny and tag! So glad to see your link for my Easter/Spring challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card design, love the image and your card design and bps. Thanks for joining us at CHPPC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely vintage feel! Thank you for joining in on my Amusing Challenge this past week - I am so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sierra, You won top 3 honorat WAW. Contact Karen for the details. Blessings and thank you so much for sharing your wonderful art with us. Carole

    ReplyDelete