Saturday, March 12, 2016

Good Luck

Hello, my creative blogging friends!  I hope that you are all doing well and having a great week.  It's finally the weekend, and I had a chance to make a couple of cards last night.  I hope to be able to do even  little more crafting this weekend in between grading a whole lot of tests and assignments that are piling up and require completion before Monday morning.  So.....wish me "Good Luck" to be able to get it all finished and still have time to make a few cards.
This card came together pretty quickly and easily.  I started with some old patterned papers from my stash (one is polka dot and the other has little fish on it), and I glued them together and machine stitched them into place.  I ran some seam binding across my card and into a bow to add a special touch.  The sentiment was stamped using an old stamp, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, and some sticker gems.

It's a very simple card.  I plan to give it to a co-worker who is leaving our school at the end of the month and transferring to a local elementary school to teach Third Grade, so I thought that the fish were cute for her card.  While I will miss her at my job, I know she will do a great job with the younger kids.  I will admit that it takes a lot of energy and patience to work with Jr. High School students every day, and that it's not for everyone.  I hope she really loves her new position.

I'm sharing my little Good Luck card in the following challenges this week:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "A Bit 'O Green" - I used lots of great dark green on my card in the patterned papers, the seam binding and the cardstock in the background.

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #44 - Lady Luck - I made a green Good Luck card

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #221- Anything Goes/Family Friendly

CropStop Linky Party #14 - I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot and in Peeled Paint Green

Really Reasonable Ribbon - Challenge #136 - Show Me The Green With Ribbon - I used Hug Snug Seam Binding, just like that found at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

Fun Cuts Alphabet Challenge - O is for Oval - I used an oval die-cut for my sentiment, and turned it onto its side.

Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog.  I appreciate hearing your comments on my card, and I look forward to visiting your blog to see your cards and artful projects.  I hope you all get a chance to do more crafting this weekend as well.  Have fun!

Sierra




8 comments:

  1. Thank you for introducing yourself on my blog and leaving your very kind comments. I am delighted to make your acquaintance and to be your newest follower, too.

    Love this fun card you made. That fish paper is so wonderful. I've never seen anything like it! I also love your bow. It is beyond fabulous!!!

    Have a terrific weekend!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute, Sierra. I love the fabulous ribbon. Thanks for sharing in our Green Challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome bow, Sierra! The fish are so cute,too. She will cherish this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo pretty!!! I love it..cherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stitching on this card is really fun and your bow treatment is fabby! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Show Me the Green" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sierra! I like this card a lot! I'm positive your colleague will also! I have returned the blog-following favor too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your ribbon/bow - very nice - hug snug works great on card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. such a sweet card :) thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

    ReplyDelete