Friday, March 4, 2016

Going Green

Well, my original intention for this card was to use a cute St. Patrick's Day image.  However, my printer decided to run out of ink so that idea went out the window.  Instead I created this card using lots of green patterned paper, some ephemera, flowers, ribbon, and gold twine as an accent.
Once I had the patterned papers together, I ran some gold ribbon trim along the top and bottom to create borders around the green polka dot paper.  I used a die-cut for the sentiment which was cut from gold cardstock.  I used some gold ephemera flowers, journalling spot with gold corner accent, and then toed a big fluffy bow from pink seam binding, and then placed some gold twine with a gold button in the center of the bow.  I really like the green all the gold accents.

I will be linking up this card in some fun challenges.  Thanks so much for stopping by to take a quick peek at my card.  I always appreciate your visits and comments.

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #44 - Lady Luck - I decided to create a THANK YOU card for this challenge, and incorporate green.

Choux Choux Paper Art - Challenge #4 - St. Patrick's Day/Green

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #221 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Really Reasonable Ribbon - Challenge #136 - Show Me The Green

NBUS - DJKardKreations - Challenge #6 - Anything Goes - The NBUS I used on this card is that gorgeous gold twine that's in my bow.

Have a great week!
Sierra

12 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty Sierra!! Thanks for sharing your lovely creation with us at Word Art Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! All the gold glimmer beautiful DP and super-sweet corner piece. Thank you so much for entering our 221st challenge. We are always delighted to see your entries and appreciate your creativity.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that I'm not the only one with a printer that runs out of ink when I need it! =)
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sierra!
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the green, and that bow is gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. We sure hope that you will join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Really Reasonable Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sierra....I also see that you've shared with us again at Word Art Wednesday. This makes me SO happy, and I apprecaite your participation more than you can possibly know. I hope you will stop by again soon. Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, Sierra! Love the green and the gold trim. So happy you linked to my St. Pat's/Green challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw ​your card linked at the ​NBUS​ challenge and just had to come see it in more detail. Awesome card! I am now your newest follower and would be honored if you visited my blog and became a follower too. http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh.... gold... LOVE! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous project with so many wonderful details! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us in the Really Reasonable Ribbon's "Show Me the Green" challenge!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, RRR DT
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT
    Crafty Friends DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this project. What a great addition to our challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. Hugs from Ginny at Polly's Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you went with the patterned paper when your printer let you down! This is a fabulous card design, Sierra! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #6! I'm very sorry I'm late in coming by to comment. I'm delighted to meet you and become your newest follower and I thank you for following me, too! I hope to see you again soon! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete