Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Giving It A Try

I'm NOT good at all these new techniques.  I'm the first to admit it.  This isn't even cute!  But hey....give me the BIG E for EFFORT.  At least I gave it a try.  My card looks NOTHING like Betsy Veldman's sweet sample card, but then again I don't have the same supplies she used either.  I gave it a whirl with what I had.  This is my Top 10 Ugliest Cards Ever category.....LOL
I used inks, sponge, a stamped sentiment, and Papertrey Ink flower die-cuts on felt, some buttons with baker's twine, and green rick rack for the stems.  That is IT!  Like I said, it's definitely not my finest work.  But there is something to be said for giving it the old college try.  I'm adventerous, and that's good for something (probably not good enough for a win here, but good enough for me).  Nonetheless, I enjoy playing along and will be linking up my card in some challenges.

Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink - Make It Monday #241 - Ombre Stenciled Backgrounds - As I stated above, not like Betsy's, but I tried.  I used a Papertrey Ink floral die-cut on my wool felt flowers.

CropStop Linky Party #13 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Inks


Little Scrap Pieces - Anything Goes Show It Off Saturday Linky Party

Thanks for visiting me today
Sierra






5 comments:

  1. You are funny! I actually like your background it's a bit whimsical. Not many of us can master a card like Betsy anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though this may not have turned out how you envisioned it, we aren't burdened by your imagination and find your card charming. Plus, how do we get good at something if we don't try, try again?

    You should consider entering:

    http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you get an "A" for effort! It's colorful, flowery, and a beautiful sentiment, so everything you need for a lovely card! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card! It's totally artsy and hats off to you for taking an idea and making it your own!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl! don't talk that way!! this card is too cute!! Shame on you! I'm gonna call your Mother! : )

    (((Hugs)))
    Patti

    ReplyDelete