Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lots of Love

I always enjoy seeing the fabulous tutorials shared on the Papertrey Ink Blog, and I always want to play along.  The problem, being a school teacher, is that I seldom have time during the work week to get any crafting done.  So.....I normally have to wait until Saturday to get some crafting time, and that's exactly what I did this week.  I thought all week about what I wanted to do with this technique, and I was really wishing I had the same lovely watercolor stamp set Melissa Phillips used in her tutorial.  Since I didn't, I had to make do with what I had.  I created my backgrounds with patterned papers.  I used the same Papertrey Ink die-cut Melissa used (the Wonderful Words Love), and I also followed her ombre coloring of these die-cuts using gelatos and placing felt hearts and sequins in the centers of the heart-shaped O's.  Then, I stamped "LOTS OF" with the matching Wonderful Words Love Stamp Set.  Like I said, not as pretty as Melissas; but it's the best I could do with what I had on hand.
I have loved Papertrey Ink for so many years.  I have played along in their challenges, entered their monthly contests, purchased from their awesome store, etc., but I have yet to ever win anything there. Nonetheless, I still LOVE their amazing store and inspiring blog.  And since I saw this tutorial, I now have those watercolor stamps on my ever-growing PTI wish list.

These are the challenges where I am entering this card:

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday - Challenge #238 - Valentine's Ombre Stamping - I used Wonderful Words Love Die and Wonderful Words Love Stamp Set

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Have a Heart"


Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party/Love

DLART Thankful Thursday - Anything Goes/Valentine's

CropStop Linky Party #12 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Black Soot to stamp my sentiments

Word Art Wednesday #219 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #43 - Pink

Thanks for stopping by my blog to see my card.  I am so grateful that you are here.

Sierra







7 comments:

  1. Pretty shades of pink, great card design, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable Project!!! Keep up the good work!!! Thanks for playing along in my Alphabet Challenge this week!!

    Aloha, Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful heart card.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is real pretty. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us.
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card won at WAW. Congratulations. Please contact Karen. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card won at WAW. Congratulations. Please contact Karen. Blessings Carole

    ReplyDelete