Friday, January 8, 2016

LOVE Learning New Techniques

I have been SO busy since well before Christmas.  I had a two-week break over the holidays, but I had one thing after another to do.  I didn't get much time in my craft room at all.  But right now, all my papers are graded and my lesson plans are up-to-date.  I just couldn't resist making a card.  I wanted to play along in this week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink, as well as a couple of other challenges.
Papertrey Ink has several different projects to choose from this week,  I followed Laura's Tutorial #207 on Double Partial Die-Cutting.  This was a completely new technique for me.  I had never tried it before, and it was a little bit tricky.  It took me a couple of attempts to get it right, and even then, aaahhh.....let's just say it's a little bit questionable. LOL  I can definitely tell that the word die-cut I used (LOVE) wasn't the best choice for this particular technique, but I had to work with the PTI dies I own.  So, I made it work (somewhat).  I used three different PTI dies including the Tiny Tags Die (flower), Button Card Die Collection (frame cut), and the Wonderful Words Love Die.  Once I had done the Double Partial Die-Cutting technique, I added some felt flowers and buttons.  That's about it.  I really gave it my best shot.

These are the different challenges where I'm entering this card:

Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge #236 - 2015 A La Carte - I followed Laura's Tutorial #207 Double Partial Die-Cutting - I used three Papertrey Ink Die-Cuts including the Tiny Tags Die (flower), Button Card Die Collection (frame cut), and the Wonderful Words Love Die and I also used a Papertrey Ink stamped sentiment from the Counting My Blessings Stamp Set.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Something New" - I used my new Sizzix Die-Cutting Machine,   My old one broke, and I just got a brand new one for Christmas!

Paru's Cardmaking Challenge - Cards and Tags.  FUN challenge with great prizes.  Why not head over to play along with Paru and her friends?!?!?!?

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #217 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Thank you for visiting my blog.  I always appreciate any comments, and would be SUPER excited to have you follow my blog.  It would mean so much to me, and I will be certain to stop by your blog to follow you as well.

Thanks, and have a great week!
Sierra

7 comments:

  1. I think your card turned out just right. Love the felt embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card looks very pretty and quite professional cut. I like buttons as floral centres. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 217th- FF AG challenge! Our first challenge in 2016. Praying you will have a Blessed, Prosperous, Peaceful and Creative 2016, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! I honestly steered clear of this technique because it looked way too complicated. Laura always made it look simple, but I know better;) Now, you've made me want to try it. I think your dies worked just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried partial die-cutting yet, but you made it look easy. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the LOVE die cut...you have not just made it work...you have rocked it!!!
    The little flowers and buttons are so cute!
    Thanks so much for stopping by to play Paru's Card Making Challenges!
    Please could you display the challenge logo in your sidebar please? You will find it in the right sidebar of my challenge blog.
    Thanks dear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Such a pretty design!! Love it!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete