Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Love Is Sweet

Roses are Red,
Violets are Blue,
Love is Sweet...
and so are YOU!

Ok....so that's little bit cheesy, but I tried.  LOL  I used this beautiful Love Is Sweet sentiment on my card.  It's a very pretty transparency that I have been waiting so long to use.  I put this Valentine's Day card together for my parents.  I can't wait to give it to them.  My Dad will say, "Oh, that's nice".  But my Mom will go bananas over it, and I know she will either put it on display in the living room, or frame it, or something crazy like that.  She always makes me feel like a super star when it comes to my cards.
I used one piece of pattern paper from my stash (it's a favorite that I've been hoarding), and I machine stitched around the edge and gave the edges a light inking to make it dirty and shabby looking.  I used some vintage lace (the wide ivory lace) and some older pink velvet Making Memories ribbon that's also from my stash, two May Arts fabric flowers, three little sequins at the top left, some gold twine, ivory button twine, some ivory and pink blush seam binding, and a vintage button in the center of the bow.

I'm playing along here, in these challenges:

Cupcake Inspirations Challenge Blog - Challenege #344 - Isn't this a GORGEOUS color inspiration photo?  I saw the most amazing samples from the DT, and it inspired me to play along.


Fun Cuts Challenge Blog with Faith, Hope and Love - Alphabet Challenge:  J Is For "Jewels" so I used sequins!

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge #218 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party - Anything Goes (LOVE)

Lori Hairston:ChouxChoux Paper Art - Challenge #3 Valentines/Hearts

Thanks for the visit.  I appreciate your commets very much.

Sierra

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I love the stitching around the edge, the "sweet" sentiment, and those beautiful roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card and isn't it nice when our moms are wonderful like that? Love the gold sentiment and the pink gingham. So glad you linked to my Valentines/Hearts Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure they will love it. Just beautiful! Thank you for joining us this week at Cupcake Inspirations.
    Have a great week! - Sandy, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love how you have used the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so very sweet! I can understand why you waited to use that sentiment, it's stunning! I'm sure your parents will love this beautiful card, even your dad (LOL) Thanks for joining us over at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning, Siera. I'm so glad that you found some time to play along in the challeges you love. I know how busy your schedule is. I'm sure honored that you chose to play along with us. I always love your sweet cards.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful...love the gold and the pink and the lace and the velvet.....and everything! It's a yummy card and your moms right!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations. - Eva, DT Sweetie -

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card and I love the gold against the pink, it looks stunning! Thank you so much for sharing your project with us and for playing along over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like gold embossing, this is a wonder

    ReplyDelete