Thursday, December 24, 2015

Season's Greetings

It's Christmas Eve!  I'm just putting the finishing touches on some packages, plating my cookies, and getting everything ready for our big Christmas celebration which is over at my Great Aunt's house this year.  I am so excited to watch all my nieces and nephews (and even some of the aduts) open their gifts, eat cookies, drink some egg nog, and have fun.  My Grandpa always reads the Christmas story, and that is one of the highlights of Christmas celebration for me because he's been doing it since he was a child.  He started doing it for his own children, he did it when I was little, and now the next generation is hearing him read this wonderful story from the Word of God.  What a gift God has given us through His Son, Jesus Christ, our eternal hope,  I want to wish everyone a very blessed day, and hope that you each remember to celebrate in your heart the true meaning of Christmas.
I made my card using the same papers I've been using on the last few cards I've made because I'm trying to keep with this color theme, and use non-traditional Christmas colors.  My family members will be receiving a lot of blue and purple Christmas cards. But I've also made lots of greena and red ones as well.  I added some doilies, machine stitching, lots of great seam binding to blend in all the colors, and a sentiment.  My "sparkle" is the sequins I added.

I will be playing along in these fun challenges:

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #41 - Non-Traditional Colors

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Make It Sparkle - I added some sequins for my "sparkle"

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #214/215 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

CropStop Challenge Blog - Linky Party #11 - I used Tim Holtz Ink on the edges of my card.  CropStop carries so many colors of Tim Holtz Inks, I never knew there were so many!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Sierra

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sierra! It's so elegant and pretty, I love the beautiful bow.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card...Love the shabby chic feel and the color combo. So delighted you blessed us with your project during our two-week Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. This week's Challenge is still ongoing and I hope you’ll join us again. Leaving you with God’s Word in 2 Corinthians 5:17-18 which says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:” Have an awesome New Year!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... this card is so beautiful! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete