Friday, December 18, 2015

Merry Christmas To You

This is a very simply card......it just says "Merry Christmas".  That really says it all.  I made this card to accommodate several differnent challenges where I wanted to play along, so I had my work cut out for me.  It's very simple, but I like how it turned out.
I started with a piece of snowflake pattern paper from my super stash (many years old, I'm sure).  I machine stitched the edge to give it some personality.  Next, I die cut two trees from vellum that I outlined in blak ink.  Then, I added lots of sequins to pull in all the colors from the color challenge at one of the challenges I'm entering.  I also stamped the sentiment onto vellum just to keep it simple.

These are all the challenges I'm entering with this card, and I've explained what elements I've included to accommodate each challenge.

DRS Challenge Blog -- Challenge #205 - This is such a beautiful color combination to use, and so unusual for Christmas, which I ahsolutely LOVE!  I used sequins and pattern paper to make it work.

CropStop Challenge Blog - Linky Party #11 - Anything Goes

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #41 - Non-Traditional Christmas Colors

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says "Die Crazy" and I chose to use some sweet Blue Spruce Trees die-cuts from Frantic Stamper on my card.

Scrapy Land Challenge Blog - Challenge #32 - Holidays Celebration - I used a fantastic Blue Spruce die-cut from Frantic Stamper.which is al sold at Scrapy Land Dies.

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party - Anything Goes


Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #214 - Anything Goes

Inspiration Journal for the Inspiration Emporium - Tis' The Season - Anything Goes


You may have noticed that I don't yet have very many blog followers, and I'd really like to change that!  I would be SO happy if you would become my new blog follower, and I would be more than willing to do the same fot you.  It would mean so much to me and; after all, that's how we make new blog friends.

Thanks for stopping by!
Sierra




9 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Karen! Love all the snowflakes and festive fun - the vellum trees are wonderful! Thanks for playing in the {Scrapy Land Challenge}! Hope to see your pretty projects again soon!
    crafty hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous. I really like those vellum trees and how the snowflakes show through them even with the sequins. Simply beautiful. Thank you for playing along with DRS Designs this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super pretty card, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing your art in our challenges. I hope that you will join us again real soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Sierra! So many pretty details to loo at and I love the little sequins.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo pretty! Love your sequins - they look like buttons. I really like how you incorporated the DRS Designs Colors in your wonderful creation. Thanks for playing with us and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! You won the DRS Designs Challenge! Yay! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very lovely! Love how you use those pretty sequins as ornaments :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pretty trees with the sequins! Lovely Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #32!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Thank you for joining us at Scrapy Land.
    Hugz from Wisconsin, Patricia
    Scrapy Land Store
    rubber stamping is my game blog


    ReplyDelete