Thursday, December 10, 2015

Embellishing With Felt

Working on all those Christmas cards is exhausting, so it was fun to take a quick break and create something other than a Christmas card.  I love working with felt and die-cuts, and the two together are simply amazing.  I followed the tutorial on Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog this week showing us how to embellish cards with felt.  You can use lots of felt, or just a small touch.  The results are sweet, and Papertrey Ink has so many super cute dies.  I've found several on EBay (just saying).

So, I used up some scraps of patterned papers, some laces, some different colors of felt, and I also created a matching tag to go with this card.  I like to place a matching tag inside the cards I send so that the person can use it as a bookmark or remembrance of me, and the occasion on which I sent the card to them.  You will love this "Embellishing With Felt Tutorial", so why not check it out and play along in this fun challenge.
Here are the links to the challenges where I am linking this card and matching tag:

Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog - Capture The Moment: Make It Monday #234 - Embellishing With Felt.  I used several of Papertrey Ink's lovely flower dies, and their heart die.

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says: Tag It - I made a matching tag with my card.

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #213 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

CropStop Linky Party #11 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink to stamp my sentiment.

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I would LOVE to have you become my new blog follower, and I will be sure to stop by your blog as well to do the same.  Have a great week, and ENJOY YOUR WEEKED (as I know I sure will).

Sierra

3 comments:

  1. The card is lovely but the tag is a rock star. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 213th FF AG challenge! Advent Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you made, Sierra - such pretty felt flowers, and I like the bits of music and lace! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sierra! I love the felt and lace together. PTI has the cutest die cuts and great inspiration as well. I can't say that I blame you for being inspired there (because I was as well....LOL). I want to thank you for sharing your sweet card in our challenge. Please join us again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete