Tuesday, December 1, 2015

A Splattering of Christmas Joy

I'm so behind in making my Christmas cards.  I prefer to give each member of my family a hand-made card, and would really enjoy sending one to every person and/or family on my list.  That won't likely happen, but I'm trying to get as many created as I possibly can in the small amount of free time that I have.  I made these two cards using a neat technique I saw this week over on Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog.
I used some older patterned papers and goodies that I had in my stash.  I did lots of inking, machine stitching, and then I die-cut the sentiments using Buff Ivory Card Stock, and I splattered them with paint using the technique shown here.
Here's a close up photo of the splattering technique (above).  It's fun, but you have to be careful because it makes a bit of a mess.  I got some paint in places I didn't intend to get paint (if you know what I mean).
I thank you for visiting my blog.  My last post received absolutely no comments (go figure).  I can't be upset about that because I almost never get the time to visit anyone's blog; and when I do, it's only for a quick moment in passing.  I'm really looking forward to Christmas break when I will have some time to create a few things and "surf" the internet more.

I'm going to share my cards in these challenges where they fit the themes.

Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Challenge Blog - Make It Monday #233 - Splattering.  I used several great PTI products including their sweet Rustic Cream Button Twine, their Wonderful Words Die-Cut Set, and their Holly Jolly Die Collection.

The Kraft Journal - Challenge #252 - Color Challenge.  This was a strange color combination, but I had the right patterned papers to pull it off.  I used The Kraft Outlet's Buff Ivory Card Stock.

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #211 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenges - Simon Says "Anything Goes" this week.

Have an awesome week.  I really do appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.  I hope you're creating lots of lovely things for the Christmas season.

Sierra

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sierra! The design is wonderful and I love the splattering.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet use of DP and the layout is lovely. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 211th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. You did a great job for the color challenge at The Kraft Journal, and I am so glad you took the colors on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty! Love the splattering on just the word, makes them a standout on the cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty cards, love the style of your first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty and I love how you splattered on just the die cut sentiments...they really pop! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sierra! Thanks for sharing your sweet cards with us at both the Kraft Journal and Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful that you play along with us, and hope that you will join us again soon. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sierra! Thanks for sharing your sweet cards with us at both the Kraft Journal and Word Art Wednesday. I'm so grateful that you play along with us, and hope that you will join us again soon. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so fun! I love the mix of patterned papers you've used!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these! The splattered word dies help them stand out against the patterned papers. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete