Saturday, November 7, 2015

Grateul For You

There are a lot of great Thanks and Thanksgiving Challenges out there right now, and I really wanted to be able to play along.  That's one of the best parts of my weekends.....being able to get in my craft room and create some cards.  This card was created using Emma from Paper Sweeties.
I started with some really old Melissa Frances patterned paper which I inked along the edges.  When I went to stitch it, I quickly realized I had no thread in my dear old sewing machine.  So....I just went ahead and made the stitch holes anyway.  I added a seam binding bow, a button with twine, some wooden stars, a BINGO card, sweet Emma, and a stamped sentiment and outfit from a stamp set that I'm guessing is retired because I can't find it on their site.  The dress originally had no sleeves, so I had to draw them on to give poor Emma an appripriate Autumn outfit.  When I look at the close-up picture of Emma's face, I can really see that I need to take more time when I color the faces.  I'm not happy with how it looks, but she's still a cutie pie!
I always enjoy getting to spend time in my craft room, and I hope to get some more creating done this weekend.  I look forward to stopping by some of your blogs to see what you're up to this weekend.  Hopefully wherever you live, it's warmer than it is here.  It's a brisk 44 here today (which isn't terrible), but I know that snowflakes will be flying soon!

Paper Sweeties Challenge #37 - November Color/Photo Inspiration - I had to add some sleeves to Emma's dress...LOL

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says Thanks/Thanksgiving.  I used Autumn colors and a "thankful" sentiment.

CropStop Blog - Linky Party #9 - Anything Goes - I used some great Tim Holtz Distress Inks that are carried at CropStop.

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Link It Up and Show It Off Challenge

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #208 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #40 - Bling It On

Thanks for visiting me.  I'm always so super grateful for your kind comments, and I'd really LOVE to have you follow my blog while you're here.

Happy crafting!
Sierra


9 comments:

  1. You're right, Sierra, Emma is a cutie pie! I love how you turned her sleeveless dress into a long sleeve one! So clever! Thanks so much for joining us for the November challenge at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the freckles you gave her....beautiful card....

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this!! Emma looks wonderful and ready for fall! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Paper Sweeties November Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wooden stars look so pretty against that DP. Emma is indeed a cutie pie. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 208th AG challenge! Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super darling card! I LOVE the fabulous layering, fun colors, and that amazing bow! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is darling, Sierra. I love the sweet little bow you added. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us. I love it when you are able to play along in our challenges.
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sierra! The image is so cute and I love how you've tied the pretty bow.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is so cute!!! I just love it! Thanks for joining us here at Paper Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! Love Emma's festive outfit and the cool use of the bingo card. I love bingo cards, but can never figure out how to incorporate them. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us in the November Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete