Thursday, November 5, 2015

Fabric Strips Tree

How cute is this idea over on the Papertrey Ink Blog?  Melissa Phillips has shared a tutorial taking torn strips of fabric, along with ribbons and lace, to create a sweet shabby chic Christmas tree.  I used a wooden spool that I covered in lace and then added my paper straw and tied on lots of torn fabric strip, lace and ribbons to create my tree.
I also added a glittered star at the top of my tree.  The sentiment was created using Papertrey Ink's Tny Tags Die Set and Tiny Tags Stamp Set.  I attached the PTI sentiment tag using a tiny wooden clothespin and some Natural Burlap String.
I am super excited to play along in this challenge, and sure wish I could do it more often.  This idea was just TOO CUTE to pass up, and I had to squeeze in some late last night to get this done.  I would love to hear your thoughts.  I'm thinking of making more of them for Christmas gifts.

Nichole Heady/Papertrey Ink Make It Monday - Fabric Strip Christmas Tree - I used Papertrey Ink's Tiny Tags Stamp Set and Tiny Tags Die-Cut Set as well as their lovely Natural Burlap String.

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #208 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly - Thank you to Karen for inviting me to play along.

Thanks for stopping by,
Sierra

9 comments:

  1. This is adorable, Sierra. I love this technique too, and I'm glad you gave it a try. Your is so sweeet. You are welcome to also share this great project in our challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Have a blessed week.
    Karen
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous, Sierra! I love the fabric you chose and how you used the laced wrapped spool, it will make a lovely decoration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These would make lovely Christmas gifts! I saw another entry used the wooden spool, too, and I love it! It's a workable alternative since the tree is bulky on a card. Beautiful job! Great mix of ribbon and don't get me started on the tiny clothespin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I just love they way the tree looks on that little spool rapped in lace! The red and white gingham is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is your little tree standing up in a lace covered spool?!! Love it!! These would make awesome gifts and I'm thinking I need to find me some wooden spools of my own! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable! Love your sweet tree. I put mine in a spool too. And I am making some for gifts too! They are so fun to make! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so sweet in the spool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet. The lace around the spool is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete