Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Happy Halloween

To be perfectly honest, our family doesn't celebrate Halloween a whole lot.  However, there are a few of my nieces and nephews who are allowed to dress up in costumes and they do some fun activities at their church (and maybe knock on a few doors, such as family members and neighbors that they know well).  But there are so many Halloween challenges going on right now that I wanted to enter, so I decided to make a cute little tag to give one of my friends at work.  I figured she could put it on her desk, or maybe even use it as a bookmark.  It's nothing fancy.....just for fun.
I used a Primitive Shipping Tag, a Crafty Secrets image, some ribbon and orange pom pom trim, a button, and some black and orange baker's twine.  As I said earlier, not much to it.  I do want to play along in some of the great challenges going on right now.

Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets Challenge - October Linky Party/Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #39 - October/Spook-Tacular

The Kraft Journal - Challenge #245 - Pick Any Three - I used a tag, button, baker's twine, and pumpkins

CropStop Linky Party #9 - I used baker's twine and Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #205 - A Family Friendly/Anything Goes Challenge

Have a great day!
Sierra

7 comments:

  1. I hear you. We don't really celebrate Halloween either, but I will say that your tag is really cute. I'm so glad you've shared it in our challenge. Have a blessed week and please stop by again soon.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute...thank you for joining us for our Crafty Secrets linky October hop...we appreciate you joining us so much!
    Diane CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Sierra, I love the image you used. Thanks for sharing and joining our Crafty Secrets October Linky Party and Challenge.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't celebrate Halloween either, so I know what you mean! Cute vintage tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sierra, I love the vintage vibe and simple presentation of this card! Soooo sweet! The button is a great addition! Thanks for much for joining the fun at the Crafty Secrets October Linky Challenge and Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Sierra! You are the lucky random winner of the Crafty Secrets Linky Challenge and Blog Hop this month! I'll announce you as the winner and share your project in a blog post and on Facebook this Wednesday, OCtober 21. In the meantime, please contact craftysecrets@telus.net to claim your prize. I'll also let Sandy Redburn, the owner, know that you are the random winner. Happy Shopping, and thanks again for joining the fun this month at Crafty Secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable image! The little child and dog are just too precious together! We are not much of Halloween people either. My kids will dress up then get their door to door experience from our close neighbor friends only, then after that we go to the Fall Festival at the church. This way the focus is on celebrating the Lord not Halloween. Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete