Monday, October 5, 2015

C'Mon, Get HAPPY

Well, this is a completely new technique for me.  And while this isn't the prettiest card I've ever created, I'm still proud of myself for giving it a try.  I followed the tutorial that Nichole Heady shared today over on the Papertrey Ink Blog so that I could play along in their challenge.
I stamped the stripes onto a piece of cream paper (similar to the way Nichole showed us in the video), and I also cut four sentiment images that I layered (just like Nichole showed in the tutorial).  I will definitely use that idea again because I like how it makes the thin sentiment stand out more.  I also added some little hearts that I die cut from another PTI die-cut favorite.  Like I said, not the prettiest card I've ever made, but definitely something different and fun.  I will use it for giing to one of my nieces as a special "pick-me-up".

I'm going to share my card in a few challenges, of course including the one for which it was created (the Papertrey Ink Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey Ink).  I hope you will all give this technique a try.  It's always fun to learn something new.

Nichole Heady's Papertrey Ink Blog - Make It Monday Challenge #226 - Creating With Stripes.  As I mentioned, it's not gorgeous; but I sure tried.  I used two Papertrey Ink die-cuts including the sentiment (happy) and the small heart from the set of three hearts at PTI.  I'm proud of myself for giving it a try!

Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #203 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly


That's all for now.  Have a wonderful week, my creative peeps!
Sierra

10 comments:

  1. Your card is very sweet! I love the little striped hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much fun! I am so glad you played along with my Stripes challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a fun card!! thank you for playing along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your stamped rainbow looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog and the cards you've made. I'm a retired teacher so we have at least two things in common (teaching and crafting)...keep crafting and I'll keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very cute card. I love the brightly colored paper on the black.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stripes are gorgeous! So much you can do with this design, keep playing around with it! Super fun!
    <3 Emily L.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I'm so thankful you visited me today so I can in turn discover a new beautiful blog. Sierra, your work and your blog are lovely. Everything you make is wonderful, showcasing the unique gifts your crafty heart beholds. This card will be treasured by the future recipient.. the technique is marvelous and your use of it is gorgeous. Rainbows and happiness indeed overcome on darker days... which is perfectly showcased in your layout. I'm happy to be your newest follower and look forward to your future projects. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen
    Kaleidoscopic Sparkles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the rainbow stripes against the black!

    ReplyDelete