Friday, October 9, 2015

Christmas is Coming

Christmas will be here before we know it.  Can you believe that it's only 75 days away?  I always promise myself that I will start earlier next year on making my Christmas cards and doing all my shopping so that I'm not overwhelmed in mid-December.  And yet, it never seems to happen.  I somehow never find a way to get it all done before then.  Well, at least I have a few Christmas cards ready to go.  I better keep working on them, AND get some shopping done.
As soon as I got home from the Apron Chicks Antique Sale, I made this card after work today using some really old pattern paper that I had in my scrap bin.  I added a sticker sentiment, some lace, beaded trim, a seam binding bow, some old Making Memories poinsettias with buttons in their centers, and half of a doily that I cut from cream card stock using a Cheery Lynn die-cut called French Pastry Doily.  This particular doily has been a favorite of mine for a long time and I tend to use it quite a bit.

I am happily, and very excitedly, linking my Christmas card in some challenges that I enjoy very much.

Scrapy Land Challenges - Challenge #27 - Anything Goes with a die-cut that is sold in the Scrapy Land store.  I used the Cheery Lynn Dies doily called French Pastry Doily, and you can find this super cute die-cut at Scrapy Land.

Classy Cards 'n Such - Challenge #105 - Happy Holly-Days - I used some older Making Memories poinsettias on my card


Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #204 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

CropStop Challenge Blog - Linky Party #8 - Anything Goes (Use Something From CropStop).  I used some Tim Holtz Brick Red Distress Ink on the edges of my card.

That's all for now.  Have a lovely weekend.  I'm so happy it's Friday!
Sierra




11 comments:

  1. What a pretty Christmas card, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing it in our challenge this week. I hope that you will also consider stopping by CropStop to link up with us there as well. We always enjoy having you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Christmas card is so beautiful. I love the doily, the lace and the pretty ribbon. I am happy you joined us for the Classy Cards challenge. I hope you will join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally LOVE this gorgeous card!!!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sierra. I like the lace and die cut doily because they make it look so vintage. Thank you for joining our weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas Card !
    Love your Lace and bow !!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapy Land Challenges blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne , DT Guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Christmas card Sierra! So many pretty details to look at and the design is wonderful.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooh! So pretty, Sierra! Loving your pretty festive colors and old-fashioned pretties included! Thanks for joining us in the Scrapy Land Challenge! Hope to see your pretty projects again.
    happiness and hugs,
    de
    {Creative Smiles}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card! I love the doily, lace and buttons on your card! Love the Vintage look it has! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #27!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Christmas card! Love the contrast between the top half and the bottom using the doily. So glad you shared it with us for the Scrapy Land Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Sierra, thanks so much for popping over too... You remind me how far behind I am in this years cards.. ;) Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete