Sunday, October 4, 2015

Believe

Not that anyone has really missed me, but I haven't posted in quite a long while.  I have been so busy at work, and trying to get grades in for the quarter was a nightmare.  There's a lot of paperwork for teachers that most people don't even realize.  I'm not complaining.  I love my job.  It's just a lot of work, and I don't always get the time for making cards that I wish I had.  This weekend was the exception, and I got all my paperwork finished and had some spare time to create some cards.  I used some October Afternoon supplies that I got at last year's October Afternoon Warehouse Sale.  I can't wait for the sale again this year.  I got so many great bargains.
I can't even tell you what line these embellishments and papers are from, but they are all October Afternoon.  I know they're old because it actually says December 2013 on the top.  I covered the last part of the (13) year with the deer sticker which is on 3-D tape to raise it up a little bit.  I also added some cute little Papertrey Ink holly leaves using their holly die-cut, and added some little holly berries to the center.  I did some machine stitching, and added a few extra October Afternoon stickers.  It's fairly simple, but now I have one more Christmas card finished.  Hurray!
These are the challenges I've found this week where I can share this card, and I'm excited to play along because it's just been too long since I've had the chance to enter anything.

Classy Cards 'n Such Challenge #105 - "Holly Days" - I used some holly leaves and holly berries.



Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says Anything Goes this week.


I wish I knew about more challenges, but my time is very limited so I do tend to play along in the same challenges over and over again.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I love each of these challenges, and I enjoy playing along in them.  I'ts always fun.

Sierra

10 comments:

  1. A lovely Christmas card. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday in our 203rd AG challenge!
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a sweet Christmas I love the playful deer, all of you're embellishments are just adorable. I am now a Follower of you're blog. thank you for you're kind words.
    God Bless
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so very cute. I love the cute deer. Thank you, for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge. I hope you will join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sweet little deer and holly sprig are so cute, and placed just so. Thank you for joining us at the weekly challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. I really enjoy your unique cards.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're card is so charming, Sierra. Isn't it great to use up those old supplies? No one knows it is from two years ago. We just think it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous Christmas card

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card...love that deer and love it when you can use what's old and make it new again...I have lots of papers like that myself! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our "Holly Days" challenge! I hope you can find time to join us again next week!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a super cute card, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us in these great challenges. I hope you will play along with each of these again soon. I always LOVE seeing your sweet creations.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    CropStop

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello Sierrra! this is so very cute, luv the design and fun reindeer! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe this is so cute! Love the deer and the felt! Thank you for playing along in the Word Art Wednesday Challenge! Have a blessed day!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com (my personal blog)

    ReplyDelete