Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Bless Your Little Heart

I have been trying really hard to pull out and use some of my older stamps and supplies.  It feels good to use some of my older things because it helps me feel like I'm not wasting them.  When they just sit there, or I try to hang on to them forever, there's just no point and then I feel guilty when I buy new things.  So, this card really uses up some older supplies that have been neglected for far too long.
I used two different pieces from a Crafty Secrets Vintage Cuts sheet, some pretty seam binding, a little kraft polka dot envelope, and a super old sentiment stamp.  I inked the little sentiment strip, too.  I've found a few challenges where I'd like to share my card:

Heartwarming Vintage/Crafty Secrets Blog - August Linky Party - I love my Crafty Secrets Vintage Cuts, and it felt good to use up some of my supplies

CropStop Linky Party #7 - Anything Goes - I used Tim Holtz Ink on my card (found at CropStop)

DLART August Linky Party - Anything Goes

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Home Grown Summer - Aren't these flowers lovely?  Living in Minnesota, we have LOTS of wild flowers along the side of the roads, and I enjoy picking them to create a bouquet.  This card really gives that wild flower feel that I love - even though they are just pink roses.

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Linky Party

CAS-ual Chic - CCC02 - Udderly Lovely Layers - I used my first layer (kraft card), a second layer (Crafty Secrets image) and third layer (kraft polka dot envelope) with a stamped sentiment (bless your little heart).

It's always nice to have visitors on my blog.  I hope you will follow me, and I will be sure to also follow you on your blog.

Sierra

15 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Sierra. I know what you mean about using old supplies. This card is proof that they still make lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sierra this is truly a beauty. I like the envelope and the wee rose buds. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 196th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely with all the layers and textures! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage looking card. I love the envelope and the pretty ticket

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet card. Thanks so much for stopping by to share with us this week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful shabby chic card and I love all the layering and the beautiful bow ~ really pretty! Thank you for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet! I love the shabby chic vibe and great color palette! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Crafty Secrets August Linky Challenge and Blog Hop!
    Kathy Clement
    Design Team Leader/Crafty Secrets

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sierra, your card turned out so lovely! I love all the layers, pretty colors and the envelope and ticket you added. Thanks for sharing and joining in our August Linky Party.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card..love all the added details and the lovely design!!
    Thank you for joining us for our Crafty Screts August linky challenge!
    Diane CS DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is great. Love the embellishments! I'm so happy you joined our Challenge last week and would like to invite you to join us again with our Challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Just want to share God's Word to you coming from 1 Peter 1:24-25 which says, "For, "All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever." And this is the word that was preached to you."

    Have a blessed day!
    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful card. thank you AND BLESS YOU for all your encouragement Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, this is beautiful! I love the polka dot envelope! Thanks for playing along with us at the CAS-ual Chic Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so rich and bold! i am loving it!

    Thank you for taking part of the CAS-ual Chic monthly challange!
    Stay Happy, Stay Creative!
    Zoey ( www.scrapsaurus.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete