Sunday, August 23, 2015

Back To School

It's that time again, and I'm back at another year of teaching.  This is my life, and I have many years of it still ahead.  So far, I'm still enjoying it.  You never know what the new year will bring.  I made this little Back To School card for one of my nieces who is really scared about starting First Grade.  She hasn't attended all-day classes before, and it's an adjustment for her (and for her Mom).  So I just wanted to encourage her.
I used a lot of older supplies on this.  The pattern paper was from Hobby Lobby on clearance, and I also used some bakers twine, a chalkboard sticker, some October Afternoon stickers, and an old pencil.  I thought that was very appropriate for this theme.

I'm entering my Back To School card in these challenges that I love:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog - Simon Says Back-To-School

Classy Cards 'N Such - Challenge #99 - Back To School

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Linky Party

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #197 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Amusing Challenges - Back To School - I did not use anything from a Muse Studio as I don't own any yet.

Thanks for visiting my blog.
Sierra

12 comments:

  1. So darling a card and sure to encourage your niece. It is daunting to think of stepping out in the big world. My son started college last Thursday. Yikes! I can remember his hesitancy at starting 1st grade - all day for the first time too! Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card!! Love the wonderful design and use of a real pencil! Very cute! I'm sure your niece will cherish it! Good luck to her!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the pencil on this....very clever and quite cute. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and please stop by again soon. We have some amazing things planned for our 200th challenge.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet! I love the paper and the twine with the pencil. SO cute - such a thoughtful aunt! Thank you for playing along with us at CCNS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute and it is so thoughtful of you to make this for your niece. Thank you for joining us for the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I love the pencil you attached - very creative. Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute card and clever idea to add the pencil!! Thank you for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such for our Back To School challenge and we hope to see you with us each and every week!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Thanks so much for joining the challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, and how nice to create it as an encouragement for your niece. Thank you for your teaching career. I have been retired from teaching for almost 25 years! Congrats on your win at Classy Cards 'n Such.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations, on winning the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card and one I'm sure your niece will treasure and appreciate. Thank you for entering my Amusing Challenge and I hope that you'll get to try out some amuse studio products soon! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sierra, Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog and for becoming a follower! I just started following you! As for your back to school card, it is darling! Love the pencil!
    Indy
    indysdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete