Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Time To Celebrate

As I've mentioned before, I have a very large extended family with LOTS of aunts, uncles and cousins.  Around here, it seems like it's almost always somebody's birthday.  I'm sure that some of you can relate to that, right?  I try to make a lot of Birthday cards so that I will always have some on hand when parties sneak up on me.  I made this one for a cousin, and I plan to make a couple more with these same papers so that I'll have extras.
I used some October Afternoon pattern papers, red seam binding, a kraft card (for the base), an OA journal card and chipboard, and more OA paper to cut my flowers.  I inked the edges of the flowers, and added some antique buttons that I picked up at a local antique store.  The inside is stamped with a Happy Birthday sentiment, and here is a look at that (including my "retro rubber").
These are the challenges I've found where this card will work:

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge #193 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

 
Little Scrap Pieces Saturday Linky Party - Linky Party - Happy Birthday.  I wasn't quite sure if this week specifically called for a Birthday card, but I made one just in case it was.  I always love playing along in this challenge.

 
Stamp & Create Challenge - Patterns - I used pattern papers to create my patterns

 
Retro Rubber Challenge Blog - Challenge #19 - Inspire Me With Color - I used the lovely colors in this challenge, and as I stated above, my "retro rubber" is a SUPER old Happy Birthday stamp that I used on the inside of my card.

Paper Sweeties Challenge #33 - Red White & Blue.  My colors are less traditional than the patriotic version, but still qualifies.  I always love to play along at PS when I can.

CropStop Linky Party #6 - Anything Goes - I used baker's twine, ink and washi tape (which are all sold at CropStop).  They carry A LOT of great products.

Paper Issues - This is the most AWESOME challenge - "Chip Off The Old Block" - I decided to interpret this challenge by using CHIPboard on the front of my card.  I also thought the retro Celebrate card and airmail touches were cute, and reminded me of days gone by (chip off the old block).  So....I hope this makes sense to someone other than just me.....LOL.  By the way, check out the AWESOME store at Paper Issues!

OK.....that's all for today.  Thank you for visiting my blog.  I would be honored to have you become my new blog follower, and I would also be willing to follow you.  Just follow, and leave me a message.  I enjoy making new blog friends.
Sierra


11 comments:

  1. Sierra, your card if fun and festive. Too bad the inside birthday stamp image did not make it into your post since that was your retro rubber, but I will take your word on it. Thanks for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute buttons and flowers. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 193rd challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Sierra: I love this very festive and fun card, you took the colors of this challenge and created something lovely. The flowers with the buttons are my favorite part of your layout.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Maria Rodriguez.

    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO fun, Sierra! LOVE the great layout, beautiful flowers you created, and fun use of baker's twine! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You never disappoint, Miss Sierra, and this card is no exception! Love the use of these patriotic colors for a fun birthday card! Thanks for sharing with us this month at Paper Sweeties :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card! You did a great job picking out and using these colors as your inspiration! My favorite part is the sale tag! Plus I am a sucker for twine! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card! Antique buttons? You can't get more retro than that! You made a wonderful card from the inspiration photo and I am sure it will brighten your cousin's day! Thank you for playing along with Retro Rubber and hope you will play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! I love the vintage look with the inked flowers and gen-u-ine antique buttons! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Paper Sweeties Red, White, and Blue Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those colours work so well together, thanks for taking part in the CropStop Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Has such a great vintage feel and all the elements utilised the colours so well Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Cx DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looooving the flowers and the sale tag! Thanks so much for doing the challenge!

    ReplyDelete