Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Friends Are Golden

One really fun trend in scrapbooking and card-making right now is the use of GOLD.  I've been seeing it everywhere, and it's SO pretty.  I found some really awesome shiny gold paper at Michael's, and thought I'd try using it with some of my die-cuts.  I just love how it catches the light and shimmers and shines in real life.  I don't know if the photograph really captures it, but it's quite lovely.
These cards were created using Crate Paper pattern papers, vellum and tag, some machine stitching, a 3-D jar which is also from Michael's, and the doily was also cut from the gold paper using the French Pastry Doily Die-Cut from Cheery Lynn Designs.
These are the challenges where I'm linking up:
Cheery Lynn Designs Challenge #194 - Silver And/Or Gold - I used the Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily Die-Cut and used shiny gold paper
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Sparkle And Shine" - This card really sparkles and shines with the shiny gold paper I used to die-cut my sentiment and doily.
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge #193 - Anything Goes
I'm happy you're here, and I'd just love to have you become my new blog follower.  Have a wonderful week!
Sierra

4 comments:

  1. Love the gold elements! The added doily and sentiment really pop! Gorgeous details! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Sparkle and Shine” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us this week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card, Sierra, sure to bring a smile to someone's face! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a unique card. Love the jar with the doily behind and the sentiment on the front of the jar. Thanks for joining the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete