Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Rule of Thirds Meets Friendship

I saw a WONDERFUL tutorial yesterday over on the My Favorite Things Blog, and I just HAD to "share with the class".  They're holding Summer School, and doing some wonderfully helpful tutorials on how to improve the aesthetics of your cards.  This particular class was about the "Rule of Thirds", and showed how you can imagine your card in nine equal squares (three equal rows by three equal rows), and then placing your elements on those imaginary lines to help spread things out and make them pleasing to the eye.  You can see the entire tutorial here on the My Favorite Things Blog.
So anyway, I used this "Rule of Thirds" to create a sweet little card for a friend.  I used some Create Paper patterned papers, and a lovely flower die-cut from My Favorite Things called Die-Namics Loopy Blooms.  I used this lovely die-cut to create my flowers from wool felt that you fold over, hot glue, and then roll into blooms.  They're just SO cute.  Then, I used more wool felt to die-cut some leaves using a PTI die.  I tied in some baker's twine and natural burlap jute.

I'm going to enter my card in a few challenges:

My Favorite Things - Summer School - Rule of Thirds - I used the My Favorite Things/Die-Namics Loopy Blooms Die-Cut.  I really enjoyed this tutorial, and it really explained how this technique makes your cards aesthetically pleasing.

Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #187 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Friends or Super Heroes - I chose to make a lovely friendship card.

CropStop Linky Party #5 - I used a couple of different things from the CropStop store including a Die-Namics die-cut and some May Arts Natural Burlap String

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #35 - Favorite Technique - I like sewing, so that's probably my favorite technique.

Sketch Saturday - Challenge #365 - I love this sweet sketch, and I also love Simon Says Stamp.  What a dream that would be!

Little Scrap Pieces - Saturday Show It Off Linky Party

Thanks for saying hello here on my blog today.  I would love to have you become a new follower here, and I would be more than happy to come by and follow your blog as well. Just leave me a message and let me know.

Have a great week!
Sierra

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sierra:
    thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment Yes I am very Blessed to have such a wonderful Husband going on 31yrs married 34 yr.
    together this is both our 2nd marriages. I never knew I could love a man as much as I love him He is so wonderful Loving and caring . I would be so empty with out him he is my World one day you will find that special man that means the world and he will love you too. I love your blog I am now a follower. . God Bless
    Praying for you to find that special 1 in a million guy .
    hugs
    Dottie
    .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful card, love the colours and the felt flowers.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Say Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when I come across an entry where I really have to focus to see our sketch at Sketch Saturday. This is a fabulous interpretation. I love your beautiful flowers! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week with this great card. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to add that Loopy die to my own supplies!! Thanks for sharing and entering the CropStop Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete