Sunday, June 21, 2015

It's ALL About You

I made this card for a friend that I work with who NEVER puts herself first.  She is a Special Education Teacher, and she is always thinking of others and doing things for others.  Well, her 50th Birthday is next week, and we are throwing a BIG SURPRISE party for her.  She has NO IDEA, and I thought this was a perfect sentiment for her card.  I stamped Happy Birthday on the inside of the card as well.
I used some October Afternoon supplies on this card (the pattern papers and the journal card with the rooster), and I also inked the card and added a button and some baker's twine that I wrapped around it.  I hope she likes it, and I hope that she can finally enjoy just one day that is all about her - she deserves it!

I've found the following challenges where I can add my card:

Classy Cards 'N Such - Challenge #90 - Red and Black and Rooster!  What a fun challenge.  I used a couple of things from CCNS including Tim Holtz ink and black baker's twine.

Stamp & Create Challenge Blog - June Challenge:  Summer Fun

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge - Challenge #188 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Use Your Favorite Technique and/or Product - I used baker's twine which is a favorite product for me.

V's Sweet Ideas Challenge Blog - Challenge #35 - Use Your Favorite Technique - I can NEVER resist inking my cards.  It seems not only be a "favorite technique", but also a "go-to" move for me as well.....LOL

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a great day.
Sierra

5 comments:

  1. Great Birthday card Sierra! I'm sure your friend will love it, it is so colorful. Thanks for joining us for our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such.
    Mindy~CCNS~DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so cute and adorable. A wonderful layout and great choice of paper. Thank you for joining us in the Classy Cards N Such challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A unique card - so cool.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card...I love it and I am sure she will too!!! Thank you for joining us at "Classy Cards 'n Such" for our challenge!
    Diane CCNS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. Love the details. Thanks for joining us at Classy Cards 'n Such this week!

    ReplyDelete