Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Together

I'm impressed with myself. I've gotten quite a bit of crafting done this weekend.  I made this card for my Great Aunt & Uncle's Anniversary.  They like to bike ride together (after 30 years of marriage), and it's something they've always enjoyed doing together......so, I thought this would be a great card for them.  It's a little bit "girly", but usually my Aunt is the one who is more into the cards anyway.  My aunts, cousins, Mom, Grandma, and most of the women in my life are the ones who really like getting my hand-made cards.  I was just really happy to have enough time this weekend to create a few of them that I needed for various upcoming occasions.
I made this one with one of my favorite pieces of pattern paper (and I'm running out of it).  It's from My Mind's Eye, and the stick pin is from Maya Road, the doily die-cut is from Cheery Lynn Designs, the stamp is from Prima and I used a tiny bit of flower soft on it.  The seam binding is from a lady on Etsy that I found who sells it at a really great price.

These are the challenges I've found where I can share this card:

Cheery Lynn Designs Blog - Challenge #190 - Anything Goes - I used Cheery Lynn Designs French Pastry Doily Die-Cut on my card.

Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge #188 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly

3 Girl Jam Challenge - June: Anything Goes with Ribbon

CropStop Linky Party #5 - I used adhesive and Tim Holtz Ink sold at CropStop.  This is my third entry in their FUN challenge!

I would be thrilled to have you as a new blog follower here, and I would be more than happy to stop by and follow your blog in return.  I'm trying to reach out and make new blog friends, and to find more challenges where I can share my cards.  Sometimes it's hard to find challenges that fit the cards I make, so I'm always looking.

Have a great and creative week!
Sierra

5 comments:

  1. You have been productive this weekend. This card is so charming. You're aunt and uncle are sure to love it. I've a bike stamp that is similar. I might just lift your Flower Soft idea. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Bike on the doily as well as the seam binding.Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, on our 188th Challenge. We appreciate you very much.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Great combination of all the elements and embellishments! I love the seem binding as well! Thanks for sharing your creation in the challenge this week!

    Charity - DT Member - Word Art Wednesday
    http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    http://collectivecreativity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sierra wonderful card. The doily makes a nice backdrop for the bicycle. Thanks for joining in the Cheery Lynn Designs challenge. Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw too cute and how wonderful that they bike together after all these years! Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Cheery Lynn Designs challenge.

    ReplyDelete