Friday, May 8, 2015

My Favorite Things

Along with "raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens", scrapbooks and die-cuts and hot glue in my kitchen" are a few a my favorite things.  I absolutely LOVE all the sweet things carried at My Favorite Things, and I just LOVE to play along in their challenges, although I don't often get the time.
Being a teacher is also one of my favorite things; but it definitely limits my crafting time because if I'm not in the classroom or in meetings, I'm usually buried knee-deep in paper work.  But tonight, I found some spare time to create a card after work.  I followed this sketch that I found on the My Favorite Things Blog.

I followed the sketch, and used some Bazill for the background.  I added some pattern paper underneath a piece of vellum for the big strip going vertically.  I used pink and green Bazill for the horizontal strips.  I machine stitched the edges.  Next, I used one of my absolute FAVORITE die-cuts from My Favorite Things for the flower accents (which I placed where the little circles appear on the sketch).  The flower die-cut that I used is their sweet Mini Hybrid Heirloom Roses which I cut from wool felt.  I also cut some little leaves for the flowers, and placed pearl accent stickers in the centers.
 
Here are the challenges where I will be sharing this card:
 
My Favorite Things Challenge Blog - Wednesday Challenge #227 - I used the MFT Mini Heirloom Roses die-cut on my card.  Details and links found above.
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Let's Get Sentimental.  I used a stamped sentiment.

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Don't Abandon The Coral - I didn't!
 
 
Paper Sweeties Challenge - Celebrate Mom's - I made a card to say thank you to my mom.  She's always doing the sweetest things.  I used a Paper Sweeties stamp for my sentiment.

V's Sweet Ideas May Challenge - Emboss It - I embossed my stamped sentiment.
 
Thank you for stopping by,
Sierra

10 comments:

  1. Oh-so-pretty in pink! Love the paper Sweeties sentiment!! Thanks for sharing your project with us for the May Paper Sweeties challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is soooo prettty. Thanks for sharing at Paper Sweeties.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn~ Paper Sweeties GDT
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!! - Ashli :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO pretty! I love that MFT die also. Thanks for sharing with us in this week's challenge, and please stop by again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute card, luv the rolled flowers! so glad you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Sierra! Love the rolled felt flowers. Glad to have you play along with us at MFT Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card! Love the sweet sentiment and flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love those felt flowers! Thanks so much for playing along in the Paper Sweeties Celebrate Mom Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your felt flowers! Phew! They make for a great card! Thanks for joining us on the MFT Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I LOVE those felt roses, and the colors look fabulous! Thank for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete