Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Feel Better Soon

This card I made is a combination between a sewing-lover's card and a feel better soon card.  The reason for this is because I have a friend who had Carpal Tunnel surgery, and she loves to sew but can't because of her healing process.  She hasn't been in her sewing room for almost a week now, and she misses it so much.  I wanted to send her this card to encourage her to feel better soon, and to let her know that I understand how much she's missing her creative time.  Nobody ever wants to have surgery, but hopefully this will repair the damage done to her hands and wrists, etc., from this condition.  The doctors have told her it will be a few weeks before she's feeling normal again.  That's no fun, and I wanted to do something to cheer and encourage her.
I used some really old supplies for this.  The pattern papers and chipboard are from a Cosmo Cricket line called Material Girl.  The stamp (Feel Better Soon) is from Verve stamps.  I also did some machine stitching.  That's about it....pretty easy.
 
I'm going to enter my card in some challenges, as listed below:
 
Word Art Wednesdays Challenge Blog - Challenge #184 - Anything Goes/Family Friendly
 
Crop Stop Linky Party #4 - Anything Goes

Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party

Stamp & Create Challenges - May Challenge:  May Flowers - I used some chipboard flowers at the top of my card

Thank you for your visit to my blog.

Sierra

1 comment: