Saturday, April 11, 2015

Creative Washi Background

Hello again!  I absolutely LOVE the weekends because that's about the ONLY time I can ever get any cards and projects made.  I had time today to do quite a bit of crafting, and this even the second card I've had time to post today.  I saw a fun challenge over at Red Carpet Studios Challenge Blog where you have to be creative with your background (no patterned paper or cardstock), and right when I saw it, I knew exactly what I wanted to do.
My background was created TOTALLY by layering strips of washi tape together.  I know it might LOOK like pattern paper, but it's NOT!  I even shared a close-up photo (below) just so that you can see the washi tape strips a little bit better.  Please believe me that this isn't pattern paper, I really did make this myself with strips and strips and strips of washi tape.  I like how it turned out.
These are all the challenges I've found where I can share this fun card:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - April Showers/Spring Flowers - I have flowers AND I have my little girl in her rain coat, rain hat and rain boots.
 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "A Is For.......April Showers" - I used April Showers (the girl is in her rain coat, rain hat and rain boots) AND April Flowers - there are sweet flowers in my washi tape background
 
Paper Sweeties Blog - April Challenge #30 - The inspiration photo helped me choose my color scheme
 
Red Carpet Studios Challenge Blog - Challenge #97 - Field of Dreams - THIS IS COOL!  I created my "Field of Dreams"/Background COMPLETELY with washi tape.  As described above, I laid MANY strips of washi tape to create the background for my "field" where the girl in standing in the rain

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #33 - Anything Goes
 
Thanks, once again, for visiting my blog.  It is so nice to make new blog friends, and I'm grateful to have you visit and leave a comment.  I will do the same for you.
 
Sierra

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the washi tape! It looks great with your image! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a good idea with the washi tape , cute card you have a l;lovely blog. also thanks for visiting me ay my blog I am now one of your new followers and hope you will come and be mine,
    God Bless
    Hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh ... my ... gosh! This is sweet as can be, Sierra! I love how you dressed Miss Emma in her adorable floral, paper pieced outfit! Thanks for sharing this yummy card with us at Paper Sweeties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card! Love the sweet image and fabulous washi tape background!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Love the cute girl! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your washi bg! My goodness, what a clever card. Emma is so sweet in her floral outfit! Thanks for joining in the fun at Paper Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, this is so sweet! I love the floral rain gear! Thanks again for joining us in the Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super sweet card. Thanks for playing at RCS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great use for Washi tape! I love that background you made. The card is adorable! Thanks for sharing it over at Red Carpet Studios!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another totally sweet and darling card! Your paper piecing is just amazing, and your color combo is fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. absolutely adorable. great design. Thanks for sharing with us at Red Carpet Studios!

    ReplyDelete