Thursday, April 2, 2015

Come Fly With Me

I was asked by a friend at work to create a birthday card for her husband who is a private pilot.  She wanted something with an airplane on it, and I knew that I was really limited with what I had.  However, I did remember this really old line from Crate Paper called Recollections that I absolutely LOVE, and still happen to have pieces of in my stash.  So, I took it out and found the airplane image to make this card.
 
I used the wooden patterned paper for the background which I machine stitched, inked a roughed up a bit.  Then, I cut some strips of patterned paper for the left border, a couple of playing cards from patterned paper, and added a couple more chipboard pieces and stickers from this line,  as well as a bit more machine stitching.  The sentiment is a Melissa Frances rub-on.  She was really happy with the card, so I was pleased.
I'm going to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Simon Says "Happy Birthday", and this is obviously a birthday card.
 
Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #177 - Anything Goes Family Friendly

V's Sweet Ideas - April Anything Goes Challenge
 
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday Linky Party
 
Thanks for visiting, and have an awesome week of crafting and creating.
 
Sierra

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable Man Card. Definitely "grunged" up enough that he won't think it too fancy. I'm sure he felt special (though you might never know it!). Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for posting your entry with us this week at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card for a guy, Sierra, I'm sure he will be pleased with this! Thanks for helping us celebrate our birthday at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete