Saturday, April 11, 2015

Bright, Fun and Flowery

Some of my favorite crafting items are seam binding, sequins, flowers and beautiful color combinations.  This card has ALL of those things.  I used some October Afternoon pattern papers, pink and yellow seam binding, blue and pink flowers, machine stitching, and some inking.  It's a pretty simple card, really.
These are the challenges I've found where I can link my card.  I don't get the opportunity to play along often, but I'm always happy when I can.
 
Paper Sweeties April Challenge #30 - Hoppy Easter - I let the colors on the photo inspire me, and I used a Paper Sweeties sentiment stamp on my card
 
 
 
Crop Stop Blog - Challenge #3 - I used Tim Holtz Ink (as found at Crop Stop) as well as May Arts Ivory Burlap String (as found at Crop Stop)
 
Word Art Wednesdays - Challenge #178 - Anything Goes

V's Sweet Ideas - Challenge #33 - Anything Goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenges - "Simon Says A Is For.....April Flowers"
 
I am SO thankful that you visited me today.  I hope you will become a blog follower, and I will sure to stop by and follow your blog as well.  Have a wonderful week, everyone!
 
Sierra

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful, bright colored card, Sierra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm smitten with this bright and cheery card you created, Sierra -- and LOVE the sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing with us this month at Paper Sweeties!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Thank you for joining us at Paper Sweeties this month for the challenge! Please come back soon!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sierra! Your card is absolutely GORGEOUS, and I'd like to thank you so much for sharing your talents with us at both Word Art Wednesday AND V's Sweet Ideas. We are so blessed to have you play along in both, and hope that you will join us again soon.
    Many Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    V's Sweet Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am drooling over this one (in a good way)! The elements you combined are so lovely and it has this great shabby chic/retro vibe. It reminds me of everything good about sewing (pretty colors and zig-zaggy stitching) and none of the traumas (don't even ask about the last time I tried to follow a dress pattern!). You've done a remarkable job of combining fabulous colors and textures here and I truly enjoyed every aspect of this post and your finished product. Thank you, thank you for the inspiration and for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sierra, this is so pretty, the papers, the doily, perfection in the stitching dept., and that gorgeous seam binding and precious posies, LOVE! That's one gorgeous bouquet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, this is beautiful! Your stitching is perfect, the fab sentiment looks great on the vellum die cut, and that flower and bow cluster is amazing!!! I love that you used so much color in it! You should enter this in The Shabby Tea Room Challenge, too! Thanks so much for joining us the the Paper Sweeties Hoppy Easter Inspiration Challenge! http://theshabbytearoom.blogspot.com/2015/04/week-249-rainbow-of-colors.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty!!! I love the elegant use of blooms and ribbon ^_^ and the color combination is so spring-ish!

    I'd love to see your project on LiaStampz too. This time the theme is RIBBON. Here is the link if you want to come play with us: http://liastampz.blogspot.ro/2015/04/challenge-87-use-ribbon.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a super pretty card! I LOVE that vellum doily, all those beautiful blooms, and the gorgeous ribbons! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sweeties! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sierra, your card is SO gorgeous!!! Love all the pretty elements! Thank so much for playing with us this month at Paper Sweeties!

    ReplyDelete