Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Beautiful Happy Times

I made this card last night; and as I was choosing the sentiment to put on it, I came across these words (beautiful, happy times).  They really resonated with me, and I just had to use them.  These really are beautiful and happy times in my life, and I'm SO very grateful.  I also love these "edgy" colors.  They just seemed to go so well with the sentiment.
I used some VERY OLD Crate Paper (Restorations and Close Knit) products that I've had in my stash for quite some time.  I machine stitched them together, and added some various little scraps and chipboard pieces from older collections as well.  It's always good to use up your stash.  I also made a bow using Natural Burlap String, and secured it with an ink-stained mini clothes pin.  I just thought that everything together made a really cute card.
 
I've found a few challenges where I can share my card.  Here they are:
 
Little Scrap Pieces - Show It Off Saturday - Anything Goes Linky Party
 
The Kraft Journal - Challenge #221 - CAS/Ribbon or Twine - I used Natural Hemp Cord and a miniature clothes pin (as found at The Kraft Outlet), and I attached my  design to a kraft card base.
 

City Crafter - Challenge #259 - The inspiration I took from Stella's card was the cut-out (star) she used.  My frame with chair are actually cut-outs, but I failed to raise up the frame with 3-D tape so that you could see the dimension in it, but that's what I was going for.  I also liked the layout, and the idea of using twine at the top of the card as an accent.
 
Thanks for taking time to stop by my blog and say hello today.  I hope you will visit again soon.
 
Sierra

7 comments:

  1. HI sierra:
    I just was reading my comments and saw yours I felt it would be nice for me to come and see your blog, I already a follower I hope you are one of mine
    Blessings
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sierra,
    What a wonderful card and I love the touch of twine! Thanks for playing along at the Kraft Journal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic design, Sierra. Thanks so much for sharing with us at both Word Art Wednesday AND The Kraft Journal. It's so nice to have you share your talents with us.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your elegant take on my card. Hence the 3d tape; it;s a beauty:). Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice take on our challenge! Thank you for joining us this week at CCCB!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sierra! I love the sentiment and your stitching looks fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete