Sunday, March 15, 2015

Glassine Treat Bag

I have been in love with these large glassine bags for so long.  I've seen other people use them on projects, and have wanted to buy some for myself.  I finally found them on EBay, and ordered a whole bunch of them.  I thought this would be a great idea for giving cards and small gifts to friends.  Since I usually make a card for people when they have a Birthday, Anniversary, etc., now I can decorate the large glassine bag to match, and put the card inside.  They're SO pretty.
So for this project, I decorated the large glassine bag with some Simple Stories products, a die-cut doily, flowers, a seam binding ribbon, and ink.  I look forward to giving this to my friend at work; and because the bag is so big, I can put her card in there, as well as a gift card, some candy, or whatever.  Love these bags!
 
I'm going to link this project to some challenges I found this week:
 
Sketch Saturday Week #352 With Simon Says Stamp - This sketch is SO cute!  This is even my second project using this adorable sketch.
 
 
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - B is For.....BUTTERFLY - I have a BUTTERFLY on my BAG, as well as a BOW
 
 
Thanks for visiting!

Sierra

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful gift bag! Lovely mix of embellishments and pretty pattern paper. Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great project. Thanks so much for playing with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made a really lovely bag. Thank you so much for entering our A.G. family friendly challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Remember, you can enter up to five times. We enjoy seeing your lovely creations.
    BLESSINGS, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely little gift bag! Love all of the pretty elements you used on it!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beautiful creation...Love the many embellishments you added. We are so blessed that you joined our Challenge at Word Art Wednesday last week. We started a new Challenge today and will be delighted for you to come back and link up once more. Leaving you with this encouraging Word of God in Romans 15:4 and it says, "For whatever was written in former days was written for our instruction, that through endurance and through the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope." Have a great week.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. adorable bag!!
    Thank you for joining us at
    Really Reasonable Ribbon!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally brilliant idea! Love it and it's sooooo gorgeous too. Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday, Niki xx

    ReplyDelete