Sunday, March 15, 2015

Getting Sketchy

I don't enter sketch challenges very often because I don't feel that I'm very good at them.  But I really do want to push myself to try more new things, and to get out of "comfort zone" so to speak.  So, I found a really fun sketch challenge that I chose to try.  I have played along there before.  I love using kraft paper and making "shabby" type cards.  This is what I created this afternoon.
My card uses light kraft paper, October Afternoon pattern papers, a die-cut doily, some burlap ribbons, and a SUPER cute antique milk cap.  I absolutely LOVE antiques, and any time I can incorporate them into a craft project or card, that's super fun for me.  This doesn't have a whole lot of color to it, but it's a lot of fun.  The sentiment is a clear sticker.  I also did a bit of machine stitching on my card.
 
These are the challenges I'm entering:
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting my blog, and please leave a comment.  I'd like to have you follow me, and I will follow your blog in return.  It's always so nice to make new friends.

Sierra

3 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job with this sketch! I think you'll find that as you use them you will like them better :o) Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch Saturday. I'm glad that you found us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it. Thank you so much for entering our A.G. family friendly challenge this week at Word Art Wednesday. Remember, you can enter up to five times. We enjoy seeing your lovely creations.
    BLESSINGS, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the burlap ribbons, they really make the card and set the tone. Keep stretching, the card is great.

    ReplyDelete